Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Have you ever been attacked by a cougar?

Actual update.

WDFW stopped by this afternoon and said a neighbor within 400 yards of my incident killed a cougar yesterday. Young male. Shooter said it came into his yard at 4pm and wouldn't leave, wasn't afraid of him or his dogs, said it acted very strange so he shot it.

I feel much better about my morning runs/ bikes/ hikes now.
Thereā€™s still plenty of other ā€˜cougarsā€™ out there you should definitely keep your head in swivel for!!

Buddy and I were attacked by a cougar in MT once about ten years ago. Came out of nowhere, back of stockmanā€™s in missoula. Crazy feline ended up dropping pills in our beers, not sure what kind, but she was laughing as they fizzed and dissolved. We werent supposed to notice? So then my buddy finished his beer, with no effect, had a few more, and let her take him back to her denā€¦

My only actual mountain lion encounter was while sleeping on top of a houseboat on the shores of Shasta Lake. Woke up to the ā€œlady screamingā€ sound and pulled out the spotlights. Since we were on the roof and the lakeshore sloped, it put us roughly 30ā€™ away, eye to eye, with a pissed off lion. It kept calling to another one in the treeline as it paced back and forth. It ended up dropping to the water for a drink then paced the shoreline and would walk around the boat. Did not care about the lights on it, and our two dogs inside never made a peep which surprised me. My dog would chase down a bear but he was dead silent this time. Next morning we found fresh deer prints next to the lake along with the lion tracks. Assume it failed on a stalk and was pissed at us for camping at its hunting spot with our dogs.
3D2C9790-B991-4B90-BBC5-5EF30325CE36.jpeg

My 1st turkey hunt is Pine Ridge all the hunters were gathered in the mess hall for a briefing. The lead guide gave instructions about cat attacks. Apparently there has been a few. The evening we saw the outcome of an attack to one of the hunters that day. The cat hit him hard across the arm. He was lucky the cat may have thought he was a turkey and ran off.

There was this one time when I was in college. I was in my twenties, and she was in here late thirties. Typical story, she had married too young and had a kid too soon. Now her kid was grown and her and her crappy husband had grown apart and divorced. she was back in school to create a new and better life for herself. She was extraordinarily attractive, and she put a serious stalk on me but being a newlywed, I was able to ward off any full-blown attack. But sometimes I do wonder what might have been.
Newly wed and in college? Youthful mistakes...

I was sitting on a nice meadow one evening waiting on some hopeless elk to wander out. A nice fat doe came hauling butt crossing the meadow. She stopped at the tree line and spun around stomping and snorting, then she ran back across the meadow to spin around again and come back almost to me. This time after more snorting and stomping she headed out and into the tree line to my left. As the light faded, I kept seeing what I though was the grass parting. I though it was coyotes but no. It was a cat. It headed straight for me. I stepped out from the trees and yelled and waved my arms, but it kept coming. I made a mark in my mind that if it crossed it, I was shooting. The cat stopped short, about 25 feet, sniffed the air while flicking itā€™s tail then turned 90 degrees and walked away. I watched it until it got about 150 yards away then I scooted out of there.

While logging in college I had a pickup blow the U joints. Of course, it was right before sunset. So, with flashlights I started wrenching on it to drop the drive shaft. Between getting under and out from under I didnā€™t notice a cat had come up and was sitting on top of the log deck about 20 feet away and 10 feet above me. As a coworker came in to park the skidder, he lit up the cat, it was setting up to jump towards me. He jumped on the horn; it didnā€™t bother the cat, but it got my attention. I saw it in the lights and bailed into the backseat of the crummy. After hitting the deck with the skidder, the cat just walked away.

Chicken bleep of the week goes to me. Walking down a trail with tall grass to my stand this morning, I can hear something about 5 yards away paralleling me in the grass. Of course me being a macho man I left my headlamp in the truck. Itā€™s pitch black and after 80 yards this thing is still there. Finally this thread comes to mind. The odds of me bumping into a lion here are astronomically small. Iā€™ve seen 2 in 33 years and we may get 1 on camera every 2 years or so. Just so happens we got one on camera in this area last April.

So here I am thinking Iā€™m gonna be the first idiot to get attacked by a lion in Nebraska since the settlers going down the Oregon trail. Then I heard HTM say ā€œhad too kik a lion rite in the fuggin hed neff!ā€

Man Iā€™m a sissy.

Said kitty in question, which is probably 200 miles from here by now. A5A729B8-595E-48D8-A863-BD0CEA9C0E12.jpeg

. Woke up to the ā€œlady screamingā€ sound and pulled out the spotlights.
View attachment 242550
We were working in the Umpqua National Forest one spring when we ran into a fellow named Russel. Russel lived all by himself in a rickety old cabin in the woods far away from everyone. One day he told us that he had a cougar scream right outside the cabin. He said it sounded exactly like a woman's scream when her husband was killing her.

Later on, we all agreed that maybe old Russel knew a little too much about what a woman sounds like when her husband was killing her.

https://www.pressdemocrat.com/artic...n-captured-in-santa-rosa-dies-at-oakland-zoo/

I'm surprised it has taken us 30 years to get to this level of ML saturation in our county...

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back