Havalon Knives

Great knives. No feeling in my left pinky but that is what happens when you jab your finger with a scalpel.
If you are a klutz. Get something else as a havalon blade is unforgiving when applied to your hands and fingers.

I have the Outdoor Edge Razo Lite and LOVE it.....Stronger blade and MUCH easier to change blades than the Havalon.. Just my 2 cents worth

That Jim Shockey Havalon looks like its a winner. I always bring 2 knives, one knife sounds great.
This! If I was buying new, I'd get the Titan.

titan-jim-shockey-signature-series-1.gif

Works great. I bought 100 pack of the size 60 blades from a surgical supply shop online for $35. Size 60 is thicker than the 60 XT or 60 A available from Havalon. The first few installed are a little tight but worth it.

It's a sharp sucker! The blades are tricky to pull off, especially when you have slick bloody hands. The opportunity to slit your finger open is real. I've broken a number of blades getting to know how to use it but as soon as I learned it's limitations I've become a bit better with it. It's nice but there is probably better. I'm packing two knives this year. The havalon for skinning and another regular knife for working around bone.

I like my havalon. I got one of the newer thicker ones (bolt) as well and actually prefer the original.

I use a multi-tool to replace the blades and have never felt unsafe doing it and I do use the packaging that the new blade comes with to hold the old blade when I replace one.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back