Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Has anyone.........

So Tbone....how long do we have to wait?

Looks like my next fishing trip will be when the kids are out at Christmas break. Although, I am watching my friends kids for the weekend.....maybe I could use them for....I mean take them fishing. :D

I have been hitting the hard water every weekend and pulling in a limit of trout. I will be out again in the morning and taking a few folks with me. I will try to post some pictures when I finish off the roll.

try and finish that roll up and get those pics in!
biggrin.gif

Looks like fish for dinner. Ended up with 5 cutthroats and a rainbow in two hours. It was a bit slower than usual, but with new snow and no one else on the lake, it was a great morning. Lots of mulies on the mountains and the coyotes were howling. I might have to chase the 'yotes tomorrow.

Catfish Fry!

The private ponds were a blast. We arrived about 3 in the afternoon. I quickly rigged the boys up on worms and bobbers and started to throw everything I had toward any structure I saw for bass and got zero. The boys were zero on the worms and bobbers. hmm. Time to switch tactics.

I switched the boys lines to worms on the bottom and had instant results. Sam my 4 year old was tied onto his first catfish. He reeled it in, we snapped a picture. He said "go back now!" I think, he wants to throw it back. I throw it into the water and he comes unglued and starts crying. He wanted to take it back home, not turn it loose.

Lucky for him, it was nonstop fishing for 1 hour until the sun left the water, then the bite turned off. Over all 14 cats landed all between 10 and 16 inches. I was busy just baiting, casting and taking fish off.

I'm not sure what kind of cats they are, but they are not that bad looking of a fish. Real light colored with a few purple spots on them.

We filleted them out and breaded them and had fish and chips for dinner. A great day in the outdoors.

T Bone

You are making me hungry and bringing back some enjoyable childhood memories. I used to do a lot of fishing for both catfish and bass during summer vacation in Georgia. The catfish rig was nothing more than a piece of bamboo with line tied onthe end. No reel was on it, to reel the line in you had to roll it around the end of the pole by twisting the pole in your hand. Fished the bottom with worms or chicken livers. Put the chicken livers in a piece of old nylon stocking. Always had a bobber on the line. Nothing like a good ole fish fry with lots of deep fried catfish and hush puppies.
drool.gif
drool.gif
drool.gif
drool.gif

Fish fry!!!
I think I will go pull some of the fish out of the freeze for a little bbq tonight..
!!!SEE WHAT YOU MADE ME DO!!!
drool.gif
drool.gif
drool.gif

Right now I'm sorting and acquiring more stuff for the upcoming Bass Tournament season. Kick off meeting is Saturday night. First tournament is in March. New line, new senkos, luckycraft crankbaits, curados, quantum PT's, rods. It doesn't end. I hope we have enuf water! Thank goodness my partner has the boat end covered.
Safe to say between upcoming fishing and the turkey season and banquet. I have no money or time!

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colt97
Back