Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Has anyone seen this WA moose? WOW!!

What a monster! But what the heck is he talking about saying it probably weighed around 650-700 pounds...maybe just the antlers.

Yep I heard about it from a relative that lives in Colville yesterday.

Huge bull, but deceiving to claim it is a “world record”.

There are some great moose in that country no doubt, congrats to the hunter for sticking it out.

I have seen a few really good moose in that same county a few years back. That is a Whopper! I would have to agree with the previous poster about the weight. I am pretty sure that is bigger than 700lbs.??? The habitat is prime for Moose. Ive been applying now for a lifetime it seems hoping one day to get my chance. Fingers crossed!

My mom has one in the records books in Idaho from the 90's, but this thing absolutely dwarfs it!

*edit* or at least I think it qualified? We had it scored for kicks years after the fact at the Puyallup, WA fair. I don't remember if they had it officially entered.

Yep I heard about it from a relative that lives in Colville yesterday.

Huge bull, but deceiving to claim it is a “world record”.

There are some great moose in that country no doubt, congrats to the hunter for sticking it out.
Why is it deceiving? It was scored by and official SCI scorer and will be number 1. Unless I missed something?

makes me wonder Canadian cross if that possible considerinng distance from border

Why is it deceiving? It was scored by and official SCI scorer and will be number 1. Unless I missed something?
Do you consider SCI to be the true world record? I don’t.

SCI does some great conservation work but the only record keeping that I pay attention to is B&C. That is not to say this bull isn’t huge and an incredible trophy (which obviously it is at number 60 or so), but it just isn’t the world record they claim it to be IMO.

Again congrats to the hunter on an amazing bull.

Last edited:
Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back