MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Hanging Euro/skulls

Aussie_hunter_JD

G'day,

Wanting to know how others hang their skulls/euros on the wall?

I'm not going to spend $100 on the skull hooker things and mounting them to a board doesn't really do it for me.

Appreciate any other suggestions or designs.

Dang. Just reread that you don’t want to mount it to a board! So, uh, I guess take my previous post as what not to do...

1598229468809.pngA friend mine made me a whole bunch of some hangers very similar to this. Not as pretty but they do the job great for smaller skulls like deer and antelope. For elk I bit the bullet and bought a skull hooker. Not a huge fan of how far it hangs out from the wall but I love that I can move the skull left to right. I had to use longer screws than what was provided as the original ones were pulling out.

4 horseshoes, some beer and a welder. One as a backer, two angled to hold away from the wall, one to go into skull and underneath. I think I'm in it 8 bucks in horseshoes, 40 bucks in shiner.Seems like it holds it more horizontally than most. Next time I'll try to fix it. If I remember, I'll get a photo tonight.

There’s a tread on Eastman’s forum and a guy makes a bracket for under $10 for a deer slightly more for an elk. He sells them painted or bare metal for a few bucks cheaper. I thought I had a picture.4F6E6943-6401-4E11-8FF5-699A657675F5.png

I buy some 1/4" round bar and bend/weld together a bracket that looks similar to the Skull Hooker, but holds it closer to the wall...

I use 2rocky's method except I use a can of rattle can spray paint that is fairly close to the color of whatever wall I'm mounting it on and spray paint the brackets.

Will that hold an elk skull?
I'd go bigger on the bracket for an elk skull. The one in the picture is 3x3 i'd use something like 6x6 The Biggest issue is the antlers hitting the wall if the main beams sweep back at all.

I use 2rocky's method except I use a can of rattle can spray paint that is fairly close to the color of whatever wall I'm mounting it on and spray paint the brackets.
I may have stolen it from you if you shared it somewhere...

I just do 2.5" L brackets and bend them to mount all my deer heads but I have to be honest I love the skull hooker for my euro elk head. I bought the one for elk on sale for around $40 and it's great to be able to adjust it in so many ways. I also like how it looks.

Since I just moved the ability to adjust it was awesome as now I have it hung in a different corner facing the opposite direction without having to change anything about the bracket.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back