Hands on Montana mulie antlers

They let the 73 Ranch graze the CMR due to their stupid decisions. Cows everywhere, no feed…
Are you sure of that? On this corner of the CMR there was plenty of illegal grazing not approved by the CMR. I know of more than one instance where people drove up and let their cattle out without authorization.

Are you sure of that? On this corner of the CMR there was plenty of illegal grazing not approved by the CMR. I know of more than one instance where people drove up and let their cattle out without authorization.

That’s what Harris told me. He seems to be a good dude. He explained to me that the owners thought they had a deal with the State and RMEF, so they decided to save money and not irrigate. The deal fell through, and he said the State bailed them out. The only green we could find was next to the river or under Harris’s irrigation. In turn there were a couple hundred elk under his system.

He did have a Billings guy poach a 6 point bull and cow in the middle of the day under the system while we were there…

73 wasn’t the only one. Don’t know if these were approved or not but I know there was plenty of them and they’d been there for quite some time
00D18E65-BE7D-4879-8543-C4A15F199478.jpeg

Nebraskastanians watching Montananiteians complain about no deer…..

Attachments

• 99A94E7F-5276-433F-A176-EF5A3E7414CF.gif
    99A94E7F-5276-433F-A176-EF5A3E7414CF.gif
    161.1 KB · Views: 17
That’s rough walking
I was happy to have the day. First real walk with a pack since an injury in September. Eventhough the game was sparse. It's not bad to walk all day in November with a 45 degree sunny day.

I hear similar comments in my part of Montana. Funny how some fences must have kept hoppers out.;)
I could show you range conditions and have you guess where the cows were. Doesn’t make sense but it was a bit random. Generally awful everywhere but worse in some places.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back