Hand Eater!

Big Sky

I always love being surprised by a decent sized brooke trout. There aren't a ton of them around here, and usually they are tiny when you do catch them. However, there are a couple places where one has a chance to score on a fish is over a foot long. This male I call a Hand Eater. I can't believe the size of the mouth on this thing. I was actually careful when removing the hook as I didn't want to add my fingers to the list of things he has put a hurt on.
Troy%20Adams%204-1-16D_zpsxxlr4qwg.jpg

While not quite as exciting I also caught a half a dozen browns as well. I only grabbed a couple quick pictures of two of them as I was more interested in fishing than playing photographer. :D

Troy%20Adams%204-1-16B_zps8tlm1zz6.jpg

Still they are pretty buggers. I kind'a like the dark colors on this one.
Troy%20Adams%204-1-16C_zps3ptl7l7a.jpg

My dad caught one like that in Wyoming last year. I couldn't believe the size of it. I have never caught a brookie bigger than 10 inches, and all of the ones I have caught have been out of the Smoky Mountains. They are beautiful fish.

I have one seriously nice brooke trout. He is a beast and I have yet to catch or even see a bigger one. He is one of the very few fish I've ever had mounted. This is kind of a lousy cell phone pic of him, but he is 24" and somewhere between 5-6 lbs. In my mind a true monster for the species from an inland lake in Southern Utah.
Brookie_zpsc29onmcm.jpg

thats a dandy brook trout...what color was the meat? in northern MN, the meat gets this awesome pumpkin shade.

Great pics. That is a huge brooke trout you have mounted. Breath taking!

Thanks guys. I'm hearing German brown trout call my name. Methinks I will answer their call after work today and tomorrow. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back