Hammy’s 2020 CO Hunt

Man, whiskey never tasted better than when we got back to camp, after the scary ordeal on the mountain and the content feeling of a quality hunt completed.

Next morning, we enjoyed sleeping in, biscuits and gravy breakfast. We got our bucks prepped for travel home and enjoyed a day of sight seeing and looking for animals. Next day, we made the long drive home.

Big thank you to a couple members on here that were incredibly helpful in my escouting. You guys know who you are and my dad and I sincerely appreciate it.

I hope everyone enjoyed their hunting season last year despite the craziness. Good luck to everyone this coming fall.
Man that restaurant looks like the one in Walden Colorado? Congratulations!!

Man, whiskey never tasted better than when we got back to camp, after the scary ordeal on the mountain and the content feeling of a quality hunt completed.

Next morning, we enjoyed sleeping in, biscuits and gravy breakfast. We got our bucks prepped for travel home and enjoyed a day of sight seeing and looking for animals. Next day, we made the long drive home.

Big thank you to a couple members on here that were incredibly helpful in my escouting. You guys know who you are and my dad and I sincerely appreciate it.

I hope everyone enjoyed their hunting season last year despite the craziness. Good luck to everyone this coming fall.
Great bucks and nice writeup. That's a great place to eat and have a beer too. Just don't eat the volcano burger before hitting the mountain. I thought I was going to set the woods on fire the next day.

Great write up and awesome bucks! Congrats on the success and memories made.

Late to post but wanted to share one of my favorite hunts from last fall.

What a great trip with my dad and best bud, Cory. Dad and I cashed in our points after years of building points and Colorado did not disappoint. Between the deer hunting, exploring new country, the nice people we met, seeing other critters we don’t see much here in WA and the memories of 10 days spent with two of my favorite people, it was perfect.

We got to our unit the day before the opener and spent a few hours driving the road system and getting eyes on the country I had been e-scouting for months. Didn’t see any deer but found the country we wanted to start glassing in for the next morning.

Opening morning, there were hunters every where but were seeing lots of does with small bucks, several moose and the weather was perfect. Couple hours after sunrise, we were getting ready to walk in the other side of the road and glass a different drainage when a truck pulled up with some elk hunters. We got to chatting and when they found out we were deer hunting, they said they had seen a giant buck bedded in the drainage we were preparing to glass in. Long story short, they pointed the buck out from where we stood, so we moved to get a better shot opportunity. We ranged the bedded buck at 370 yards, got a good stable rear, adjusted our dope info, dad dry fired a few times and with me on the spotter, “send it.” One well placed shot at the broadside buck, he got up but was dead on his feet. He laid back down and that was it. Buck of a lifetime so far for dad! What a terrific opening morning.
Great. The money you spent supporting the biologists that manage these resources was well spent I'd say.
Mostly, those are some great family memories. And nice pictures

Man, the dilemma of choosing between 4 pt deer. I have a 5-pref-pt tag this year and will be hard-pressed to not shoot the first buck I see (which is what I usually do). Thanks for sharing your story!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back