Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Guy caught applying as a res in CO

just did rough math, there are about 450 OIL (Sheep+Goat+Moose, anythign else?) for residents.
wonder how much work it would be for WGF to go through and try to figure out who's the non-res.

To not report it means one of 3 things:

1) You dont value the resource
2) You're a coward and fear retribution
3) You dont actually have any information
Definitely all 3. While all these extra animals are getting whacked because of the exact same amount of license's being issued, I'm shaking in my boots because I know WGFD will plaster my name on every message board if I give them a tip. All the while I'm just trying to help RN with traffic and get my post count up.

Maybe Wyo game and fish should hire you since you are such a great detective ;)

I would love to know how much this occurs in New Mexico too. With how many folks commute to this state for work in the oil fields and such only a 90-day residency requirement I have to imagine it gets
I keep trying to convince myself that moving 30 miles would be worth it for resident tags in NM, that little strip of goofy along I-25 and state income tax keeps holding me back.

I keep trying to convince myself that moving 30 miles would be worth it for resident tags in NM, that little strip of goofy along I-25 and state income tax keeps holding me back.
Eh. It's a wash really. The state income tax doesn't seem to be too onerous but we don't own property yet so I can't speak to property taxes. However I didn't draw a single NM tag this year so tags are far from guaranteed. So far it's not been enough to push me three miles down the road back to Texas.

just did rough math, there are about 450 OIL (Sheep+Goat+Moose, anythign else?) for residents.
wonder how much work it would be for WGF to go through and try to figure out who's the non-res.
A lot more work, time, and manpower than they have. I'm sure they are just like any other wildlife agency. We have to remember it sounds great but in reality this isn't as easy as it seems it would be. Other calls for service doesn't stop for months on end. Some of these agencies it would be worth their weight in gold to hire a few analyst that can focus only on these sort of things instead of a warden. They would surely cover the salary with the cost saved and fines once cases are brought forth.

I was just talking to somebody yesterday about how it’s surprising more people don’t try to cheat the system by claiming residency. Guess there are a few people out there scamming the rest of us after all.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back