Gunsmiths near Bozeman

I thought you had a synthetic stock...don't think the stock contracts and expands like a wood stock...which is a good thing. Here is a way to test if you would benefit from doing anything. As long as you pass the dollar bill test you should be just fine.
http://youtu.be/g0snATO8iJw

I would say do it yourself, it is really easy! Just get a piece of sandpaper, or a dremel tool. I wrap a piece of sandpaper around a copper pipe, so you can keep the curve close, and just start sanding. Use a dollar bill to slide up and down the barrel to see if you are good to do.

Thanks for the help guys. I can actually push on the barrel and have it so a dollar bill has clearance but eventually it wants to fall back to touching one side of the stock. I know the gun is capable of shooting tacks but I don't want to worry that its not touching all the time.

Last edited:
I only used him once to work on my Fox, but the guy who used to work out of Yellowstone Sports in Four Corners did a great job on my gun. I don't know his name but I believe he lives in Manhattan.

I only used him once to work on my Fox, but the guy who used to work out of Yellowstone Sports in Four Corners did a great job on my gun. I don't know his name but I believe he lives in Manhattan.

Rocky's new shop is on the I-90 frontage road just past the Manhattan shooting range. He has done work for me and I will use him again. His phone number is: 406-599-5907

The Paynes in Gateway did an excellent job of fitting my wife's citori to her. Their number is: 406-763-4586. I will use them again too.

And Gentry is doing good work, just as his father did. 406-388-4867.

Lots of good gunsmiths in the valley.

Last edited:
Ol man Gentry passed away a few years back but his boy does great work. I've sold him a number of actions for custom builds, his breaks are great, and for awhile I believe they had a contract with kimber to machine scope mounts. Point being they know what their doing. Rocky also does good work, his wife does fabulous stock work.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back