MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Gunsmiths near Bozeman

I thought you had a synthetic stock...don't think the stock contracts and expands like a wood stock...which is a good thing. Here is a way to test if you would benefit from doing anything. As long as you pass the dollar bill test you should be just fine.
http://youtu.be/g0snATO8iJw

I would say do it yourself, it is really easy! Just get a piece of sandpaper, or a dremel tool. I wrap a piece of sandpaper around a copper pipe, so you can keep the curve close, and just start sanding. Use a dollar bill to slide up and down the barrel to see if you are good to do.

Thanks for the help guys. I can actually push on the barrel and have it so a dollar bill has clearance but eventually it wants to fall back to touching one side of the stock. I know the gun is capable of shooting tacks but I don't want to worry that its not touching all the time.

Last edited:
I only used him once to work on my Fox, but the guy who used to work out of Yellowstone Sports in Four Corners did a great job on my gun. I don't know his name but I believe he lives in Manhattan.

I only used him once to work on my Fox, but the guy who used to work out of Yellowstone Sports in Four Corners did a great job on my gun. I don't know his name but I believe he lives in Manhattan.

Rocky's new shop is on the I-90 frontage road just past the Manhattan shooting range. He has done work for me and I will use him again. His phone number is: 406-599-5907

The Paynes in Gateway did an excellent job of fitting my wife's citori to her. Their number is: 406-763-4586. I will use them again too.

And Gentry is doing good work, just as his father did. 406-388-4867.

Lots of good gunsmiths in the valley.

Last edited:
Ol man Gentry passed away a few years back but his boy does great work. I've sold him a number of actions for custom builds, his breaks are great, and for awhile I believe they had a contract with kimber to machine scope mounts. Point being they know what their doing. Rocky also does good work, his wife does fabulous stock work.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back