Grouse during elk season?

I've been shooting slingshots since I was a kid. You would be amazed at how accurate one can get with a little practice. (Soda can at 20 yards). They are quiet and with the right setup can be really powerful.
What kind of sling shot do you use?

I started out with Simpleshot's axiom ocularis, and scout. But currently have been shooting the Goblet Evo buy catty shack.
Nice, I was thinking about getting a scout. It’s been a little while since I have shot one, but thinking no better time to learn again than the present!

Hopefully I won't get a call from the warden over this post...

"I'm a man, but I can change. If I have to, I guess."

I've used a wrist rocket, a GMC pickup, a .54 T/C Hawken, a 12 gauge, a .410 bore, a Ruger Security Six, a Redhawk, a rock, a stick, a trekking pole, broadheads, field points, judo points, a Ruger Mark II pistol, a Ruger Single Six, a raft of 22 rifles, a Daisy Red Ryder, and various pump air pistols and rifles.

I probably forgot something.

My A/H former brother in law used a T/C Contender with a 45 Colt/.410 barrel. Grouse magic if you remembered to use the screw-in choke

My favorite has become a stainless Ruger Mkii 6 7/8 target pistol. I either put it in a holster attached to my pack hip belt molle webbing or in the front center pocket. I made a "Han Solo" holster for it back in the day, but I don't use that gunbelt much any more..

If you are using a .22, try the Aguila Colibri CB rounds if you can find any. They won't cycle a semi bolt, which makes them even more quiet.

I keep my turkey choke on the 12 gauge through grouse season unless I'm actually planning on wing shooting. It turns 7 1/2 or smaller shot loads into ground sluicing magic. Aim high.

I'm really interested in getting a Tri-Star Viper semi-auto in .410. Miss T is sure jonesing for me to get one. I'm about to throw the, "get it before they outlaw it" play on Mrs45.

While archery hunting I've nailed a few with judo points, but also lost or broken too many arrows to mention. So I've always been looking for options, but I'm just not a good enough shot with a slingshot and everything else I've considered is just too dang heavy, I'm already constantly trying to lighten my daypack. My deadeye buddy has nailed a few with rocks and sticks, wish I had his skill.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back