Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Grizzzzz in the Frank

Hilljackoutlaw

My exact words to. Very excited to see that news. I always figured they had to atleast pass thru once in awhile.
There was that bear a couple years ago that started up close to Pend Oreille then worked down through the Joe and set up shop around Kelly Creek in the Clearwater. Was fun watching the press releases every couple of months and tracking his progress.

There was that bear a couple years ago that started up close to Pend Oreille then worked down through the Joe and set up shop around Kelly Creek in the Clearwater. Was fun watching the press releases every couple of months and tracking his progress.

Based on the reports from 2020 to present it sounds like a grizz is/was likely hibernating in the upper CDA river. It's cool but makes me rethink my solo archery hunting in the jungle.

I've never been in the Frank, but I'll share this obligatory quote I've shared quite a few times on HuntTalk and elsewhere, because it speaks to me. Written by Bud Moore, who trapped and killed griz, contributing their extirpation from the mountains of Idaho, and then realized that those mountains need them.

"By the mid 1940s the most noble animal had disappeared. I sensed, from experience and my own killing, that everything in those mountains was, indeed, linked to everything else. All life in the land of the Lochsa would thus shift in some way or other in reaction to the bears' passing. One could but wonder how the 'Wyakin' could continue to give strength with the grizzlies gone from the mountains. The Bitterroots had become a lesser place than they were when the grizzlies flourished. Those silvertips, you see, were a special part of the mountains' wildness. And, so far as I was concerned, no conceivable change short of their return could replace the emptiness left behind by the last of the great bears."

May the griz proliferate.

The Griz no longer has a place in most of the lower 48, along with wolves…. I’m all about conservation but there was a time and place for them, there time has passed along with several other species that no longer have a place in the lower 48. Until we some how lower human expansion and the dependence/extracurricular activities as most of us here hunt and want more game on the mountain, those griz and wolves need to be limited to national parks. Just my opinion. lol 😂
Matt

The Griz no longer has a place in most of the lower 48, along with wolves…. I’m all about conservation but there was a time and place for them, there time has passed along with several other species that no longer have a place in the lower 48. Until we some how lower human expansion and the dependence/extracurricular activities as most of us here hunt and want more game on the mountain, those griz and wolves need to be limited to national parks. Just my opinion. lol 😂
Matt
National parks are a better fit for grizzlies than the Beartooths, Bob Marshall, or Frank Church..?

Matt
Just curious what else you don’t think has a place any the lower 48?

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back