Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Grizzzzz in the Frank

There was that bear a couple years ago that started up close to Pend Oreille then worked down through the Joe and set up shop around Kelly Creek in the Clearwater. Was fun watching the press releases every couple of months and tracking his progress.
A grizzly was killed in Kelly Creek about 12 or 14 years ago. mtmuley

The Griz no longer has a place in most of the lower 48, along with wolves…. I’m all about conservation but there was a time and place for them, there time has passed along with several other species that no longer have a place in the lower 48. Until we some how lower human expansion and the dependence/extracurricular activities as most of us here hunt and want more game on the mountain, those griz and wolves need to be limited to national parks. Just my opinion. lol 😂
Matt
Maybe they don't have a place everywhere, but they damn sure do in the Frank Church!

I've talked to a rancher whose family has owned a ranch for generations surrounded by the Frank and he said the grizzlies never left.
I have spoken to several people who have made similar claims in the Frank and other places. You should ask them if they have pictures. They never do.

It is surprising how many lifelong hunters/ranchers/outdoorsmen can't tell the difference between a large color phase black bear and a grizzly.

I have spoken to several people who have made similar claims in the Frank and other places. You should ask them if they have pictures. They never do.

It is surprising how many lifelong hunters/ranchers/outdoorsmen can't tell the difference between a large color phase black bear and a grizzly.
That's a good point.

Haha. Asking for photographic proof would have seemed a bit rude considering the fellow invited us to his ranch for a drink. I really wouldn't be shocked to see a grizzly in the Frank so I didn't find the story that unbelievable. I'm more surprised they aren't there than the other way around.

Reminds me of years ago my grandfather had a big grizzly in his pasture in Northern Idaho (right next to Canada). The Fish and Game guy said he was full of it. He had some decent photos, invited him out and he still didn't believe him. They set up a trail cam, immediately got photos and knew exactly where the big boar had come from. Of course now grizzlies aren't all that uncommon in that country.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back