Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Griz?

chadv

Just wondering when the average griz goes to den/hibernation. Does it depend on weather or does the date have more to do with it?

Agree with what has been said, I think it depends primarily on food that is available.

I'm not bear "expert", but I believe males will hibernate later and come out of hibernation before females. I wouldn't be surprised if a few male grizzlies were spotted soon roaming around taking advantage of the winter kill in Yellowstone.

Montana is going to get another good snow storm starting tonight through Friday. Typical spring snow storm this time of year. Heavy wet snow.

Time will tell.

Hunting up on the front two years ago in late November, there were no shortage of grizz around. I heard the Boars will stay out until after hunting season to feed on carcasses but that could be a bar stool rumor.

I remember hearing about a Grizzly on a kill in Yellowstone on Christmas day a few years ago.

The condition of the bear going into winter is a major factor also. Skinny and hungry bears don't sleep well. I've seen grizzly tracks well into November.

Back