Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Greetings From Georgia

Minimalist_Hunter

Greetings from Georgia! I'm new to the forum, and I just wanted to introduce myself. I've been hunting since I was 8, and I've been hunting the west for deer and elk for the last several years. I look forward to learning and contributing to the forum.

Welcome From TX! I'm going to be visiting GA for a few weeks during deer season and was looking at the quotas out there. Can you really tag up to 12 deer in one season? Or am I reading it wrong?

You can shoot 12 in Ga. I hunted Ga for 20 years, probably never took more than 3 in a season. One or two quick does for meat, and then wait for the big boys to show up.

Back in the day, Alabama was even more liberal, I'm sure its changed but you could shoot a deer a day with a really long season.

Welcome From TX! I'm going to be visiting GA for a few weeks during deer season and was looking at the quotas out there. Can you really tag up to 12 deer in one season? Or am I reading it wrong?

You can shoot 12 in Ga. I hunted Ga for 20 years, probably never took more than 3 in a season. One or two quick does for meat, and then wait for the big boys to show up.

Back in the day, Alabama was even more liberal, I'm sure its changed but you could shoot a deer a day with a really long season.
I think this is one of the reasons that we still have 2 bucks and 10 anterless. No one I know actually shoots that many deer. Where would they put all the meat? haha I'm not sure if non residents have the same limits.

Welcome! I would have loved to hunt in Ga since I was 8. I was always jealous of my buddies whose family went across the Florida line to hunt in South Georgia. I had teach myself in adulthood, as hunting was not part of my family life. I hope to change that for my son.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back