Yeti GOBOX Collection

Great customer service experience with Winchester anmo!

EKYHunter

Purchased some Winchester Deer Season XP in 6.5 to try in my Savage Axis. Had two f2f out of the 10 or 11 that I shot. Contacted Winchester via email and included pictures. They were supper responsive and very quick to send me a shipping label and arrange for UPS to pick up the unused Ammo. I was told I’d get a refund check in 6/8 weeks. Well I ended up getting a check in two weeks. Pretty good customer service I think and I just wanted to pass it on and let others know.

So half of factory ammo didn't fire? :oops:

Glad you didn't need it for self defense!
Indeed. It was 2 f2f out of 10 or 11 rounds I shot. I’d never had a f2f in any Ammo before. Thought there might be something wrong with the rifle but neither any Hornady or Remington anmo that I shot that day had a f2f.

I had my first a couple seasons ago with a Hornady...On a nice buck too....gun went bang on the next little buck that walked by of course tho :rolleyes: lol

Hmm, under promise, over deliver I suppose. 6-8 weeks seems like a long time to get a refund, but better that than them saying you'd get a refund in 2 weeks and it take 6-8.

Winchester (Olin) is great at responding to any issues. I picked up 10 or 12 of the white box 40 packs of 22-250 once for a rat blasting trip. I was into the second pack and I notice the neck of one casing was split vertically. I stopped and went back through all the brass and almost all were split. I cycled over to my hand loads and all was good.
When I got back home I took a pic of the neck splits and sent it to Winchester with my contact info. I got a call within the hour and had a shipping label for all used brass and new ammo in my email following the call. UPS picked it all up and a month later dropped off twice the number of rounds I had sent. All the new boxes were the black box ammo.

Now Federal was another story. I had a 6mm Remington load, new from a box that blew up. The case separated from the base dumping the gasses into my face. The base came out with the bolt but the case body was stuck in the chamber. The bullet did exit the barrel but dropped into the dirt midway to the target. Federal offered no response at all.

Walmart believe it or not.
I have to say I don't believe it. :) I believe you. but its hard to believe Walmart having ammo on the shelves. unless you bought it a couple months ago and just hadn't shot them yet.

we have 3 Super Walmarts and 3 'Eco' Super Walmarts within a 25 minute drive from my house. the ONLY ammo I see on the shelves are a couple boxes of 28 gauge.

Had same with remington: Had a new box of ammo that one did not fire. Called tham and they sent me a new box after sending round to them BUT: they sent me the wrong ammo. It was 30-06 and they sent me 300WM. I called them and they send me a new box of 30-06 and told me to keep the 300WM. Worked out well. You all need to find some factory ammo that misfire LOL

I have to say I don't believe it. :) I believe you. but its hard to believe Walmart having ammo on the shelves. unless you bought it a couple months ago and just hadn't shot them yet.

we have 3 Super Walmarts and 3 'Eco' Super Walmarts within a 25 minute drive from my house. the ONLY ammo I see on the shelves are a couple boxes of 28 gauge.
I’m in Kentucky. My local Walmart usually gets anmo on Tuesday and Wednesday. Sometimes it .243, sometimes it .350 legend, sometimes it’s 7mm/08. You just never know. Back in December they had 5 or 6 boxes of Remington 30.06 180 grain Scirocco. You just never know what they’ll get.

I’m in Kentucky. My local Walmart usually gets anmo on Tuesday and Wednesday. Sometimes it .243, sometimes it .350 legend, sometimes it’s 7mm/08. You just never know. Back in December they had 5 or 6 boxes of Remington 30.06 180 grain Scirocco. You just never know what they’ll get.
true story about KY. I live in Myrtle Beach, SC. when Covid first started becoming a thing in Feb, every Walmart here in Myrtle Beach was SOLD OUT of hand sanitizer. for almost a full month totally sold out and we have 3 Super Walmarts and multiple Eco and Nieghborhood Market Walmarts.

we had a family trip planned to the (Noah's) Ark Encounter the Weekend of March 14th. we drove up, stayed in the hotel, went to the Ark Encounter, had a great time. stopped at a local Walmart and they had shelves full of hand sanitizer. it was such a shock. we grabbed like 4-5 bottles.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iceman1992
Back