Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Gravy Train Through High Cotton

After the ram that we gave the moniker “Rocket Ram” (for multiple reasons yet to be disclosed) disappeared, our attention was captivated by yet another group of rams.

I would have packed up my gear and been in pursuit of this ram immediately had he been in my unit, but unfortunately he needed to move about 500 yards before I could hunt him. For now all we could do was watch and enjoy the show.

@Randy Hodges doesn't have a knit ewe hat for this exact scenario????

Back in December of 2016 I had the very cold privilege of being a part of a capture, test, and collar project on this sheep herd. We caught 30 sheep over a very cold day and a half. Since Gerald drew this tag, I pulled up my old GoPro footage from that project and put together a video for the guys on the hunt. Figured you guys might like to see it as well.

Back in December of 2016 I had the very cold privilege of being a part of a capture, test, and collar project on this sheep herd. We caught 30 sheep over a very cold day and a half. Since Gerald drew this tag, I pulled up my old GoPro footage from that project and put together a video for the guys on the hunt. Figured you guys might like to see it as well.

That is some full contact biology right there. Super cool. Thanks for sharing it.

For some reason, I thought your sheep tag was the same unit as your goat tag. Cool deal you got to hunt two different units in the same year.

“Flare Tip” and the group of rams he was with seemed perfectly content with their location for the day. Rain began to fall intermittently and as the afternoon came to a close, we headed to camp to set up my wall tent.

Matt and Cody were due to arrive soon after daylight the following morning.

We had heavy rain through the night but by daylight, the rain had stopped and we had decent visibility. Fog was rolling in and out of the higher peaks but the moisture through the night seemed to have the sheep even more active than the day before.

We were seeing sheep in nearly every direction we were glassing. Flare Tip was still hanging out of my unit.

We were seeing a lot of new rams and ewes in the opposite direction than most of the sheep had been the night before. Just at the edge of the fog line, Cody called my attention to a group of ewes with at least two mature rams with them. I got one really clear look before the fog rolled in and both of their frames were heavy and long. These were rams that were at least as big as the biggest rams we had been seeing.

All of us were ready for a hike with all of the glassing we had been doing. We made the decision to get across the river and try to get a closer look at these rams.6C3CC5EA-52AA-4437-9667-0D6A2E285613.jpeg0D7E4131-1919-4C13-940B-867734129BA5.jpeg39C19B9B-AFC9-48DC-87FC-A0CA9F29B650.jpeg931470AF-5FD1-4677-AEBE-770B927F7E56.jpeg

Back