Graceful Wapiti

It’s one way, not the only way. I was told what I saw was an elk slide, whatever it’s called it is two top rails installed in a shallow V at the elk’s crossing point in a barbed wire fence. The ones I saw led from a hayfield to a bedding area and a creek and were used regularly by the elk. I’ve seen entire barbed wire sections torn down to the ground when the crossing is a migration route.

A "v" does not assure that they will not tear it down. The pvc has been almost 100 percent effective in areas where it is used. Cheap and efficient. Half the problem is not being able to see the fence in the dark, and thus they blow through it. The white pvc solves this issue.

A "v" does not assure that they will not tear it down. The pvc has been almost 100 percent effective in areas where it is used. Cheap and efficient. Half the problem is not being able to see the fence in the dark, and thus they blow through it. The white pvc solves this issue.
I’m not going to argue the point but if the bison herd that were fenced in weren’t going to tear these approximately 8”X8” timbers down (picture a letter M off the ground and center braced) I doubt elk are. They were well used and well worn. On the other hand a herd of elk cows and calves migrating take barbed wire fences to the ground all the time.

I’m not going to argue the point but if the bison herd that were fenced in weren’t going to tear these approximately 8”X8” timbers down (picture a letter M off the ground and center braced) I doubt elk are. They were well used and well worn. On the other hand a herd of elk cows and calves migrating take barbed wire fences to the ground all the time.
Of course they do. I rest my case. That was my entire point. Beef cows will also go over a place where you make the fence lower, but not a standard fence, that has the top wire covered in pvc. Logic.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dotun77
Back