Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Gps

bruisernilssen

1st time hunting WY this fall and with all the private land, I'm looking into purchasing a GPS unit that will allow me to gain access to public land without getting into trouble with landowners. Anyone have any suggestions or preferences for such a unit, including what card I need to show private ranches? Any and all information would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I have a garmin Oregon 600, with hunt on x chips. I have Montana and Colorado chips. The Oregon is very easy to use, and you Should buy the Wyoming. Hunt on x chip. You won't regret either purchase!

Thanks for the fast responses and kinda the way I was leaning but wanted some feedback from those who've owned one. I see there are various models of the Oregon 600. The 600, 600T, 650 and 650T. Anyone have ideas of which one is the best bang for the buck?

There's no sense buying the 600t when you purchase the hunt on x chips it has topo!

Garmin etrex 20 will most likely be the cheapest unit that will handle the chip. I bought mine refurbished for half price and it has done well for me. As mentioned the oregon is a great unit as is the rhino if you need a built in walkie talkie. My etrex 20 saved my butt from trespassing a lot. Good luck.

VA, isn't the grass always greener on the other side, especially during the draught!

I see the Oregon 600T is on sale at Cabela's for $269.99 while the Oregon 600 is priced at $399.99. Wonder why the more advanced version is $130 cheaper?

VA, isn't the grass always greener on the other side, especially during the draught!

No kidding. First year I went after pronghorn my brother in law made a stalk on a group in a pivot irrigation alfalfa field. It was just over the walk in line. There ended up being close to forty pronghorns come in that evening. Not a single one came from or stepped foot on the the public side of the fence. So yes it was definitely greener on the other side under the irrigation.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back