Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Gps

Khunter

Do you have a budget. Buy a garmin mapping unit. Any of them that also allow a memeory chip insert.

Go to garmin site and you can select and compare features of multiple units.

I've taken the Magellan 610 on three elk hunts and an antelope hunt in WY. My advice is to get one that has the capacity to show you ownership boundaries and a decent screen size. Battery life is a plus. Practice and familiarity is key.

The one thing about batteries is to make sure the unit is set to the type of battery and spend the extra money for rechargeable batteries, I think they last longer.

I have a Delorme, but the screen is too small and you cannot use Huntingmaps on it. My next one will be a Garmin, maybe a touchscreen.

I've owned 4 Garmins over the years. Using Garmin Oregon 450T last several years and really like it. Good size screen, fast, and easy to use, yet not too big. Can add a chip of your favorite Region. I do a lot of backcountry stuff so size always a factor. Recommend lithium batteries. Longer life more than offsets higher battery cost. I don't have recharge capability on backpack trips.

I have the Garmin 450 and really like it. It will do everything you listed.

I'm at a loss. Cannot figure out how to post a new message or thread on this site. Have responded to others a few times. Tried to figure it out repeatedly! Wish some of the critters I pursue were this dumb! Please advise.

I'm at a loss. Cannot figure out how to post a new message or thread on this site. Have responded to others a few times. Tried to figure it out repeatedly! Wish some of the critters I pursue were this dumb! Please advise.

First you have to click on "Forum" link on the top left of your screen.

3B019D02-4CED-4CB6-A715-7589611E8816-1676-0000027F84A0FDE6.jpg

Then pick which category you want to post in.

942B82BE-DED9-4CA2-8253-F8A1F59C7389-1676-0000027F91B895A6.jpg

Then click where is says "New Thread" on the top left of your screen.

9B70B6E1-F658-4A8C-BD1F-F2EEE8D1E201-1676-0000027F9C6C6FF8.jpg

I have a Delorme, but the screen is too small and you cannot use Huntingmaps on it. My next one will be a Garmin, maybe a touchscreen.
Do a search for posts by Whttl_in_MT (or something like that). He has shown multiple times of the types of data you can get and display on Delorme units. I got a Delorme for Christmas for exactly the same reasons. You can use the chips from that company, but there are other attributes of the Delormes that I think will be cheaper and more comprehensive in the long run for that type of data. I will say that those attributes require you to be a bit 'techy'...

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheyenneKennedy
Back