GPS with Montana Cadastral (GIS)?

SWMontana1

I hunt a lot of ares where public land and private land is intermingled... no real boundary markers or fences. Some land I have permission to hunt on... others I do not.

I have never owned a GPS because I know my way around the general area but want to go back, deeper into the forest this year. Do they sell a GPS with a MT Cadastral app or something so I know exactly whos land I am on and where I am exactly??
Any suggestions would be great!!

the gps and land data will probably be seperate, I have a garmin e legend, it has a slot for a micro chip I purchased from huntinggpsmaps .com , I have the wyoming chip, it shows topo info and public/ blm private and state lands ect, I bought the one with landowners plat info, I can see who owns the land if I want to try to get access to an area, The GPS and map are most liky going to be seperate purchases, make sure the GPS take a chip, garmin is the only gps that works with the above map source. good luck, do some research, amd with this new gps I bought new clear safety glass,s for hunting, they have the old man bifocal magnifiers built in,,, screens are pretty small and my arms getting shorter :)
good luck.

that link is all you need, huntinggpsmaps are incredible....awesome customer service too....I just emailed them and he replied to me 7 times in a matter of hours, and also got my key back from my gps i dropped on the mountain this year ;(

Not to take from huntinggpsmaps but I bought a Garmin 60Csx and downloaded free topo maps for the whole state from http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/maps/state/mt/ granted they are not as high quality as the $99 version but heck they are free and have boundaries of state, blm, and forest. You can also get hunting district overlays and many others.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info!! Looks like I will be heading quite a ways further back... with confidence of whose land I am on!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back