Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

GPS units

HeavyD66

I see in another thread that BIG FIN uses a Garmin 62st. What are the advantages for that unit? How do the Oregon and Montana units compare? I am looking for people's expirences with any of them. I have done the research online from Garmin website and read reviews, now looking for direct personal knowledge. What do you all use? I want to get a new one to upgrade from my old Magellan. Thanks in advance. HD

I have the Garmin Oregon 550t and it is the best GPS I have ever used! I also bought the MTTRAX chip for it from Kirsch's Outdoor Products. Combined, they make it the best there is! I always know where I am at and whose property I am on, whether private, state, blm, national forest, etc... A couple of my friends have different GPS units, and after seeing mine, plan on buying a new one as soon as their wives will let them, LOL. Good luck with your choice.

I just got my Garmin Oregon 450 a week ago and I also bought the MT. map for the unit from HuntingGPSmaps and I love it so far can't wait to get out and play with it more. I really like the Oregon because of the touch screen tech. the 60 doesn't have that but both are probally great units.

It looks like the Montana is what I would wish for, it has a lot of niceties. I have the GS60 and it is great for me as I couldn't justify $700 for the Montana. The huntinggpsmaps is a great program that is invaluable when planning on your own hunting trips around private/public borders.

I had the opportunity to use a Montana for 9 days this bow season and was not impressed for the money. Screen resolution is low, you have to pound on the touch screen before it will react, and I was disappointed with the fact the cam did not have movie capabilities and no flash. Also the zoom should be a slide of your fingers not plus or minus buttons on your map screen. I love Garmin, but was bummed on this one. They need to make major changes before I think of buying one. I'll stick to my 60csx and rino 530 for a while.

Back