Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Gov't Shutdown - TSP / other FINANCIAL info

Sytes

Discussing the $ and finance aspects related to the Gov't shutdown:

Our Union sent this out. Figured worth sharing for those involved in the Federal TSP:

TSP.PNG

Thanks Sytes I had read some of this stuff on fedsmith but this is much more detailed and better information.

Not to worry, when Scott Sales, President of the Montana Senate, sends that $8 million he is proposing contributing from Montana to help build the wall then the Donald will construct 100 yds of wall and by executive order Montana fed employees will go back to work.:rolleyes:

We are all pretty much screwed, savings are only going to last so long and after that people will start to look for something that pays! Sad thing is they are all still getting their paychecks!!!!!

Had a vacation planned for later this month with friends who had to cancel due to not knowing when they were gonna get paid next. Real bummer.

It's a great vacation....if vacation means don't go anywhere and spend as little money as possible.

I did get called in to the office earlier this week to make sure we got O&G lease nominations out the door. Priorities.

Could be worse, just a dog I need to make sure gets fed.

It's a great vacation....if vacation means don't go anywhere and spend as little money as possible.

I did get called in to the office earlier this week to make sure we got O&G lease nominations out the door. Priorities.

Sounds like winning to me.

Hell I wish I was able to stay home. Try having to go to work and listen to the BS. But these shutdowns are like Christmas you know they are coming so be prepared. We all know we are going to get paid anyways.

Could be worse, just a dog I need to make sure gets fed.
No vacation here. Some of us still had to show up to work not knowing when the next paycheck would come in.

No vacation here. Some of us still had to show up to work not knowing when the next paycheck would come in.

Like you, no choice.

I was not allowed in the office. That is until required to show up to to make sure we got O&G lease nominations out the door.

Did you have a point?

Like you, no choice.

I was not allowed in the office. That is until required to show up to to make sure we got O&G lease nominations out the door.

Did you have a point?

Point: Exempt from furlough status still pay commute costs, tolls, parking, fuel, maintenance, etc...
-Without paychecks.

Point: Exempt from furlough status still pay commute costs, tolls, parking, fuel, maintenance, etc...
-Without paychecks.

Got that. Like you, I had no choice and it was a shitty deal for all involved (shittier for you). Plenty of neighbors and friends that work for Customs and BP, I get it.

Point was it wasn't a vacation for those that weren't exempt either. Much is lost on you, so I try to stay clear of you anymore.

Miller, apparently you've missed the various posts regarding my thoughts about the challenges faced by those furloughed.
One example;
Sytes said:
It was discussed briefly within another thread. Here is the down and dirty of Gov't Shutdown related to Fed employee's, et al. While it sounds like a great paid vacation without the use of Annual Leave, it brings on a stress level for many who make it by, paycheck to paycheck and the potential for those non exempt personnel that Congress determines whether "Furloughed" employees will be paid or not for their, "vacation". Scary thought Congress... decides...
https://onyourownadventures.com/hun...-Government-Shutdown/page2&highlight=Shutdown

You asked what was the point specific to a comment regarding the challenge faced by exempt employees. I shared my perspective of this specific point.

Apparently, you assumed I do not share your exact same sentiment. It's a bummer you're led to potshots based on your speculation / assumptions. Meh, regardless our disagreements over extremes, liberal/conservative views, I always enjoy your photos. I enjoy reading about your adventures and your greatly valued man's best friend posts.
Best to you.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back