Governor-Elect Gianforte Names FWP Transition Team

I sure wish I remembered where Kerry’s Fb interactions with @Big Fin could be found but here’s a sample for those unaware of who he is.

4C690C62-499E-451A-A924-FEFDECBB0B2B.jpeg

I don't know of Kerry White beyond just hearing the name. A quick Google search didn't really turn up anything to get my dander up. What's he done?

And what's with that moustache? Looks like he's chewing on a ferret.
Google “Kerry White Public Lands” instead. You’ll get lots of stuff that should scare you if you’re a public lands hunter in MT.

His group only considers “access” to be motorized access.
You sell KW short... to him access means roading up wild areas for motorized use including mining, logging and grazing. Many years ago he wrote an editorial about how grazing is good for elk because the wolves eat the cattle instead of the elk. He's dense enough the suggested transplanting elk from over objective areas to Gardner, not knowing that would put Gardner over objective.

We could start a whole thread with the theme "Kerry White is so dumb that..."
... he introduced a bill requiring wildlife to be managed by science (except elk on agricultural land). It failed when people started pointing out that would mean banning lead bullets, predator management, C&R fishing, etc.

What amazes me is how someone like Kerry White gets elected in Bozeman. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he lived just about anywhere else in the state but with all the sportsmen and public land users in Bozeman it is mind boggling.

What amazes me is how someone like Kerry White gets elected in Bozeman. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he lived just about anywhere else in the state but with all the sportsmen and public land users in Bozeman it is mind boggling.
He represented my House District Gallatin Gateway, Gallatin Canyon, West Yellowstone, etal, which is comprised of staunchly conservative voters ... and much different from Bozeman.
The White family has been in the valley for generations and his dad and brother were both County Commissioners. Kerry White is a hard worker and somehow influential, although his ideology and perspective on wildlife and wild lands differs immensely from most of us here on HuntTalk.

He is in one of the districts outside of Bozeman, all the way down to West Yellowstone. All of the districts on the outskirts of Bozeman are far right by design. Scott Sales is also from "Bozeman," as was my "buddy" Art Wittich.

I think it's worth mentioning that many snowmobilers (but not all) are as a general rule large supporters of CBU. West Yellowstone is for all intents and purposes a snowmobile economy from now until April. There are a lot of financial gains to be realized there that are dependent on increased snowmobile access.

3 out of 12 are ranchers, seems a bit top heavy with pro ag voices.
Not if you consider the % of the game that resides on private land. That being said I would hope that at least one of the Ranchers is a BM cooperator and maybe also a rancher that doesn't lease hunting rights so we get more diverse opinions from the ag community. Maybe this is the case, but I have my doubts.

Last edited:
Not is you consider the % of the game that resides on private land. That being said I would hope that at least one of the Ranchers is a BM cooperator and maybe also a rancher that doesn't lease hunting rights so we get more diverse opinions from the ag community. Maybe this is the case, but I have my doubts.
To my knowledge, John Lane is still in Block Management and has been for many years.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back