Got the boat wet

Brittany Chukarman

I'm always apprehensive about the first launch after the boat setting all winter. Not just the boat but me remembering all the in's and out's. Well, it went real well, boat started and ran great and I didn't have any senior moments. Crappie were the target but anything that bit was fine with me. Smallmouth were very willing and good sized. Kept 1 that was gullet hooked. Caught a few bluegill not quite big enough. Even jigged up a nice channel cat. Covered a lot of water to catch 4 crappie but they are good sized this year. Came in racing a storm coming from the south. Overall a great day on the water.

Attachments

• IMGP0545.JPG
    IMGP0545.JPG
    559.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMGP0546.JPG
    IMGP0546.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 23
  • IMGP0547.JPG
    IMGP0547.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 23
Last Tuesday we had an intense rainstorm, like a water spout. I was 12 miles out when it hit and was in it all the way to the launch ramp. That could have been rough on fresh broods or nesting hens. On the bright side it looks like lots of carryover and another year with a big crop of grasshoppers

ITs been really strange spring so far. The thunder showers coming through every afternoon. At least it’s not cold and wet for days, I’m betting on a great hatch with easy limits of birds and less than 1000 feet of vertical to get it done.

Attachments

• IMG_4837.jpeg
    IMG_4837.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 3
GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back