Got my elk

BigBuxMT

Just thought I'd share a pic of my elk I got opening day of archery at 33 yards. No time for details.

Attachments

• My elk resized.jpg
    My elk resized.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 852
That spotlight headlamp works every time !! ;)

Congrats, get some time and tell us a storry too.

Way to go bigbuck, guess you didn't waste any time. What is next on the list?

Bux:

Great job. Congrats on a nice bull. Hope you have some other tags to fill since you punched this one so early.

Thanks for sharing!

A few details

Headed out from camp at about four in the morning and about stepped on a rattlesnake in the dark, lost about 5 lbs. right there. Got to where we were headed about 3.5 miles out and there were 6 guys on the river in boats. The elk were chased out of the area so we kept going. At about noon we sat down to have lunch above an area we wanted to glass and heard a bull bugle. We decided to get a little closer and the area was just full of elk. We sat there from noon to a little after 7 pm when the first elk came out. Had about 100 or so between 15-40 yards and seen about 300 total. It was an awesome experience. The wind was blowing and I tried to draw back on a 4x5 rag horn at 53 yards, that wasn't going to happen in the wind. Finally at about 5 minutes before shooting time was up the one I got came up and I took the shot. I am using the new 3 blade rage broadheads they came out with and as you can see the entrance was about a 5 inch diameter hole, that was amazing. He ran about 100 yards, stood there for about 5 minutes and tipped over. We got back to camp at midnight, hit the hay at 1:30 and was up at 5 the next morning for the 3.8 mile pack out. I guess that pretty much sums it up so here's a few more pictures.

Attachments

• resized 2.jpg
    resized 2.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 453
  • resized 1.jpg
    resized 1.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 447
  • resized 3.jpg
    resized 3.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 440
  • resized 4.jpg
    resized 4.jpg