Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

GoPro Hunting Videos

Baerman

Was looking on youtube last night trying to determine the best settings on the gopro for archery elk hunting and came across this cool video. It has nothing to do with settings but it does show that you can get good footage with the gopro cameras. It also has some cool effects for bringing the video and music together.

If you are looking for a kill shot on this video, it's not there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe4iI7KEcbA

I never saw 1 animal in the 8-9 minute video other than the dead animal. Kinda pointless. All they did was drive around for half of the footage. As stated before, within 3-8 feet it's a great camera, but after that you need a real video camera.

Last edited:
I have a new Contour Roam if anybody is interested. It shoots nice video but I'm invested into the GoPros

we used the gopro hero2 hunting this past week and it shoots good video but if you want the animal to look halfway close you need to adjust the settings to narrow view. When you do that if the camera is not perfectly set on your head you will miss the shot. The big negative we found with the gopro is that when the sound is turned off you don't know without looking at the camera if it's turned on or off. We left the camera on our heads and when it came time to draw blood we thought the camera was on, only to find out it was off after the shot. I would recommend a camera with a switch so you know for sure when it's on or off without having to take it off your head to confirm.

Back