Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Gopher family victim of drive by shooting

D4570

hump.gif
OK! I admit it, I’m the perp. I’ve been driving and shooting gophers for years. It’s been standard practice here to cruse up and down our gravel and secondary roads and look for and shoot gophers. Most of us are careful and abide to a kind of code. We never shoot close to animals, houses, buildings, farm implements, and NEVER shoot towards another rode or over a hill. We try to look in front and in back so we don’t disturb traffic, I know I won’t go around a car (or truck) with guns sticking out of all its windows. In the past, the sheriffs, patrolmen, and fish and game officers would only site you if some one made a complaint or you slammed on your breaks and shot in front of them. Now days they are a little more picky, we past a new law requiring you to have permission to do any kind of hunting. Most of our farmers, and rancher would just assume we could shoot them all. Now we do have our SLOB drive by assigns that give us careful assigns a bad name. Does any one else admit to this crime?!?!?!

Not here, but it does make one very leary when you see a rifle poking out of both sides of a vehicle when you are going around them.

ya somtimes we have to get out and lay over the hood, mainly dirt roads around my house though

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back