MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Goose calls and Duck calls???

huntbux

Just wanted to get some advice on some goose and duck calls. I recently lost my goose call that I really liked. It was super old and I had it since I was a kid. It had no marks on it either so i have no idea what it was. I am looking at picking up a new duck and goose call. I prefer wood since I am not the best caller but if there is something easier that I don't know about let me know. I also don't want to spend an arm and a leg. Generally out there for Mallards and Canadian Geese as well. Thank you all for any help and advice.

Contact TJONES here on this forum. I've got a couple of calls from him and they are beautiful!!

They sound good too!!!

Best thing to do is go to a sporting goods store and demo all of them right there. I use a short reed for honkers and a single reed for greenheads. Too many great calls out there to just list one. If you are serious I would go with acrylic. Last forever and sounds better than cocabola IMO.

Thank you, I am just looking for something reliable and easy to use. Appreciate the help and may get in touch with TJONES. Opening day was ok here in Northern Nevada, went out a couple days ago on the 17th. Not so much. Hope this weather this week will make some difference.

TJones only makes predator and cow elk calls I believe, I don't think he makes waterfowl calls. I really like gander valley calls. http://gandervalleycustomcalls.com/ I would take Wingman's advice and try to demo a bunch at a sporting goods store, what works for me might not work for you. There are tons of great calls out there. Good Luck.

I have a variety of acrylic duck calls. Primos single reed, and a couple of Haydel's double reeds. They sound good and are durable.

duck commander calls are really good. their new triple threat is awesome. primos makes great calls too. on a real loud windy day i like to use a single reed for ducks but if its quiet and still i like a double reed as it isnt quite as loud.

My buddy Brian Warner makes some of the prettiest totally useable wooden duck and goose calls available. Each is hand made and tuned by him in his one person shop in his garage. Beside the point that he is disabled Vet and cancer survivor, his calls talk! His duck calls are only ones on my lanyard and I been waterfowl huntin for over 50 years from SK to SE LA.
Look him over---www.heirloomgamecalls.com got acrylic too if that is your deal.....and his turkl burd calls are really great. Make you a knife too if you need or collect them....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back