Good Thoughts

Had my right knee replaced 3 years ago and other than the first week I've loved it.

Went from hurting to walk to packing elk pain free

Infection or fibula Connection complications? Not cool to leave a pic like that hanging.

I hope you’re ok.

Actually, I posted the worst case scenario. When you expect the worst, anything else will always be better. I am walking fine 5 years later, no complications.

I wasn’t the guy that waltzed out of the hospital and went skiing 2 weeks later, although I have heard people had that kind of good fortune. Your physical therapist is as important as your surgeon.

Be prepared to have some pain and discomfort, but I am guessing in the 5 years since I had mine, you will see improvement in the surgery and recovery.

Good luck, don’t forget to call if you need any advice.

A few weeks later...

5650EF08-289C-417B-97B1-3E1D61D430AA.jpeg

Best of luck to you in the 2 months to come!

My mom is about to have the same thing done and I had to sit through a class with her on the whole process and the recovery. Be sure to do what you're supposed to these next 2 months in recovery!!!!! Don't want to screw that up.

I'll be there in a couple years for a hip and from everyone I have personal contact with I am looking forward to it. I wish you the best and am betting you will feel great after you finish rehab!! A lil prayer for smooth sailing sent up!!!

One thing I am sure you've discovered, but nobody has pointed out. Your quads are probably "asleep"!

first PT thing they asked me to do, sitting in a chair, straighten your leg to lift your foot off teh ground. Nope, not happening. Those muscles go to sleep, I think due to the tourniquet they use. Rest assured, they will wake up. It will SUCK until they do, not pain, but hard PT because your can't use your quads, then one day, in a few days, poof, your leg remembers how to work and you are good to go.

It's aggravating, but be patient.

DO THE PT EXACTLY AS SPECIFIED, don't under do it, but equally don't over do it!

Well intentioned thoughts and a skilled sawbones facilitate good outcomes.

Almost home, and yes, measured diligence to the finish line my friends. Thank you all.

Ken’s been through it before, he knows the drill👍🏻

Hey and by doing it in the winter you can get that jump on the summer “tan” like I did 😉 a bit of an Appaloosa color though…
374DF036-A44A-4A04-85C4-6183ABBC5ADA.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back