Caribou Gear

Good Luck to All!

mdhunter61

I know the early sheep hunters will be heading afield soon, so I just wanted to say GOOD LUCK to everyone who will be hunting in Alaska this Fall! Whatever your quarry - sheep, goats, deer, Roosevelt elk, brown bear, black bear, moose, or caribou - may you have good weather, beautiful scenery, and memories to last a lifetime! There's no place like the last frontier in August and September - be safe, have fun, and take lots of pics!

Getting psyched for my moose/caribou hunt, put in over 1,200 miles so far on my road bicycle, and gear is in order. Just need to practice with my rifle, and try to stay calm until it's time to go!

Good Luck Bud!
I have cancelled 2 of my 3 trips north this year for business reasons, now the time slowly ticks to sept 13.
What are the details of your hunt? Using Leif? got a partner? priorities? floating?
I agree, take lots of pics and good luck too all.

Hey Nick! Enough with the trip cancellations - make sure you're in AK in September!

We're going out with 40 Mile, to a spot I haven't been before. Taking my best buddy with me, he's shot a caribou before but an Alaskan moose is on his bucket list, so I'm gonna do my best to get him one. We're doing a ridgetop hunt. I'll have tags for both moose and bou, but Mike gets first crack at a moose.

Where you hunting this year? I should be back in Anchorage around September 19, and around for a few days after that - maybe we can grab a bite if you're around? Shoot me a PM and let's make sure we still have the right cell numbers.

Michael

Good Luck guys

We will be up there From Sept 12 - Oct 1st on a Float hunt for Moose and Bou.....And anything else that wonders too close by. I have been shooting the Rifle, running a few miles every other day, dropped 25 lbs in the process and feel like I'm sorta prepared. Gotta get a pair of Gators and a bino harness that I like yet. Buy some last minute food items such as candy bars, nuts, instant mash potatos, grab some tin foil, baby wipes and change the hooks on my spinners to accommodate the Greyling's tiny mouths. Gotta get a few last minute items in Anchorage before we fly out such as tags, fuel for the stoves and get the Sat phone from the rental place. The TAGS bags and rafting gear should be waiting for us at the Air service. TALK about logistics! WOW..... Good luck all! Look forward to reading the Sheep stories before I fly out mid September on here as well as AOD Forum.

We will be up there From Sept 12 - Oct 1st on a Float hunt for Moose and Bou.....And anything else that wonders too close by. I have been shooting the Rifle, running a few miles every other day, dropped 25 lbs in the process and feel like I'm sorta prepared. Gotta get a pair of Gators and a bino harness that I like yet. Buy some last minute food items such as candy bars, nuts, instant mash potatos, grab some tin foil, baby wipes and change the hooks on my spinners to accommodate the Greyling's tiny mouths. Gotta get a few last minute items in Anchorage before we fly out such as tags, fuel for the stoves and get the Sat phone from the rental place. The TAGS bags and rafting gear should be waiting for us at the Air service. TALK about logistics! WOW..... Good luck all! Look forward to reading the Sheep stories before I fly out mid September on here as well as AOD Forum.

Good luck dude! Rut should be in swing by the time your hunt starts, should be a blast! I love fishing for grayling, they are in a lot of the remote rivers and streams.

Sportsmen's Warehouse should have everything you need, although I think a Bass Pro also just opened up in Anchorage. I hear you about the logistics - I finally broke down and rented a small 5' x 5' self storage space in Anchorage, and keep most of the gear I use on AK hunts up there.

Be safe, have fun, take lots of pics, and share them with us when you get back! No place on earth I'd rather be than Alaska come September.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back