Good Luck to All. Colorado Elk starts Aug. 27

lrntolive

Hi all,

Just wanted to say good luck to everyone and hope you're all successful this opening weekend in Colorado. It's my home, and I know many elk hunters come here every here. I, unfortunately, will not be able to get out opening weekend, but I'm hoping everyone who does is successful.

Let us all know how you do.
:D

The Colorado weather this August has been something else. I've only lived here 6+ years, but this month the weather hasn't been the norm in So. Central Co.. It's been so rainy and cool, it's been hard to get out and horseback ride in the mountains. I'm not afraid of a little moisture, but only a fool tempts high elevation lightning strikes, and I'm not partial to hail.
But, this opening morning dawned clear and quite cool. (Around 36 degrees early). Not an Aspen leaf is responding as yet with it's transformation to gold. Lots of lush vegetation and plentiful water, so the Elk ought to be fat and lazy. Ha!

Good luck to all.
My wife and I will be out September 14th.

I'm going out after Labor Day to my area for archery mule deer and rifle bear. I'm going to try and get my bear with my bow so I don't look like the Great Pumpkin going through the woods in orange.

My wife has bear archery tag too so we will see if see can put a Bull and a bear down..

The Colorado weather this August has been something else. I've only lived here 6+ years, but this month the weather hasn't been the norm in So. Central Co.. It's been so rainy and cool, it's been hard to get out and horseback ride in the mountains. I'm not afraid of a little moisture, but only a fool tempts high elevation lightning strikes, and I'm not partial to hail.
But, this opening morning dawned clear and quite cool. (Around 36 degrees early). Not an Aspen leaf is responding as yet with it's transformation to gold. Lots of lush vegetation and plentiful water, so the Elk ought to be fat and lazy. Ha!

This has been exactly what I have seen in the Flattop area as well. Very cool. Looks like next week might be warming up though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1sockeye2
Back