Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Good Day for Geese

HONDO

Decided to scout some fields yesterday, as I have yet to go after geese this year. Found a field with about 150 birds. So work could wait this morning. My friend and I were set up by 7:00. Shooting light started around 7:30 and we had action right of the bat. I missed a beautiful winter mallard that came into the goose spread. After fifteen or so minutes of ridicule from my buddy for missing the mallard, we heard geese. The morning was a little foggy so visibility was not that great. The first few flocks were smaller with about eight to ten birds per flock. I was able to take two out those flocks and my buddy got one and wounded one. While my buddy was chasing the wounded goose with his dog, I called in a flock of about forty birds. I made a double out of that flock and my day was done. It took us about another twenty minutes to get my buddy two more for his limit. We were done by 9:00. It sure is nice when goose hunting works out the way it did today.

Attachments

• 2005 Goose Hunting 006.jpg
    2005 Goose Hunting 006.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 95
I know that is a stupid look on my face (I'm on the left) but I had surgery on my right knee, the one that I am kneeling on, last week. It's still a little tender.

Congrats on the honkers. Looks about like it does here, cold and snowy. Are there many birds around there still?

Nemont

Nice work Hondo. What's up with the pup, is he yawning in that picture? ;) :D Looks like he got some retrievin' done. :)

HONDO, I see over in I.F. you guys don't have any Grass ?!?!? It's all White ;)

Kudos on the Hunt save some birds for next time I come down ;)

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back