Caribou Gear

Good/Benefiicial New Book

Just for the record..I don't screw off at work...I'm retired :D

I'm not retired and I screw off as much as I can get away with. Granted when I have a task I accomplish it then screw off! haha

I haven't had a chance to look at this book yet, I plan on it along with a few others, but then I sleep and forget about it until I get a reminder again.

Also, as you all know his (Rinella's) and Randy's podcasts are in my opinion the best hunting podcasts out there and I look forward to each new episode, the only problem is they don't come often enough.

go find yours

I would agree with this...it seems like this year is the year of podcasts, but to be honest I've deleted a few of the ones I had started listening to...because they are on too often. There is a thread on here where we were listing the podcasts we were listening too...I had quite a few, but some were airing a few times a week, and it was more of a repeat of things. Right now I listen to just a few...

MeatEater Podcast
Hunt Talk Radio Podcast
The Hunt Backcountry Podcast

The Gritty Bowmen Podcast (as a filler of the other ones, because it too seems to be on a little more often then it should be).

With my brain injury I don't comprehend what I read, so I don't buy books. I get magazines for the shitter to look at pics and maybe pick up a quick cooking tip or fishing idea, but that's about it. Most of what I've picked up about western hunting has been from hunting with friends and some TV shows a lot that I've picked up on here. Most of my fly fishing learning has been trial an error and friends and Project Healing Waters trips. I will admit, there has been A LOT of frustration in my learning curve, but every fish I catch and every antelope I kill and the 1 cow I've killed and the 1 mule deer buck I've killed have been HUGE accomplishments for me being an East Coast transplant only being here for a couple of years.

I really enjoyed the book. I've read a few sections a couple of times already. I'm also looking forward to the small game book.

I made some pronghorn parmigana following one of the recipes in the book. Two thumbs up.

Back