Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Going to be a good fall-Elk down!

Hope he stays where he is now. He had moved to within 1/4 mile of the cows and where I can hunt! I have a hard time recognizing him from the front but as soon as he turns his head I can recognize him. He always shocks me when he turns he looks a lot smaller head on then sideways
IMG_1026.jpegIMG_1024.jpeg

Dude that’s a bruiser! I love all the shenanigans up top!! 1/4 mile closer and 30 days ish??? Hope to see him up close Sasky!!

Hope he stays where he is now. He had moved to within 1/4 mile of the cows and where I can hunt! I have a hard time recognizing him from the front but as soon as he turns his head I can recognize him. He always shocks me when he turns he looks a lot smaller head on then sideways
View attachment 287078View attachment 287079
That’s exactly how I thought of the bull I killed last year. He came out walking directly at me, my initial reaction was meh, he walks. I didn’t even grab my bow, then he turned broadside and bugled. I grabbed my bow. 🤣

This bull was with a herd of 9-10 cows tonight. Stripped of velvet and horns polished and dark already. I knew they would I be stripped but thought it was a touch early to be running with a herd. Never laid eyes on the big 7x6 hopefully he’s around not on a ten mile walk about looking for greener pastures. Guess I could settle for this bull if I can’t locate the other one back 😜
IMG_1011.jpegIMG_0937.jpegIMG_0941.jpeg

Been seeing cows and small bulls regularly but haven’t seen the big 6pt or 7x6 since august 20th and 6th respectively. Not sure if they are laying low before the rut starts or wandered away but I have been expanding my search with no luck. This area is thick so unless they are in the field which I have covered pretty well or standing on the road I won’t see them. About 2.5 weeks till season opens now
IMG_1131.jpeg

Checked a camera in my third spot. Of course a bear knocked it down asap after setting. Saw several smaller rubs than this one. Tree was broke off 8’ high. Have to spend some time in the area with some optics. Ten days till season opens
IMG_1174.jpeg

Pretty sure the big 7x6 bull was killed this morning by First Nations hunters so that’s a kick in the nuts. A week before season opened and now I’m scrambling to find new country as they have already shot two bulls out of there so the elk will probably abandon or shut up. There is still that big 6pt around possibly but who knows they might get him yet too

3 days till opener. Saw a nice bull in my 3rd spot today. Probably a 300-310 that idk if I could pass. Seem to be seeing a bunch of different bulls there. Not sure if they are migrating in or what but seeing different bulls each day it seems like. Not sure what I’ll do for opener yet. Guess we will see what the next few days of scouting show. Been tough scouting warm windy and when it’s not windy damn the elk have been quiet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WMNhunter09
Back