Going to be a good fall-Elk down!

Sask hunter

Got lucky and drew a bull tag out my back door for this fall. Can’t wait to chase bugling bulls. Was my first year really having a chance with how our system works. Already got some permission today just need to talk to a few more guys and I’ll be set. Follow along for updates this fall

IMG_0782.png

Last edited:
Since it’s right at home, and you’re well equipped with cameras, I hope you do get a big one!! I know you’re always just happy to have some elk meat but I’m rooting for you to get a big gnarly bull this season! Congrats Sasky!

Got lucky and drew a bull tag out my back door for this fall. Can’t wait to chase bugling bulls. Was my first year really having a chance with how our system works. Already got some permission today just need to talk to a few more guys and I’ll be set

View attachment 280042

Awesome! Antlerless mule deer for me, I was in C or B for everything else but elk and did't expect much.

Looking to hunt not too far from that and try hunting 67 for elk and moose this year.

Good luck!

Well I’ll keep adding to this thread as the year goes on. I went looking last night. 1st area didn’t see any but I know there is elk there always. 2nd area saw one elk and some nice country. 3rd spot saw two cows in one area, 4 bulls in another area and another cow in a third area. Probably within five miles of each other. I think I’m going to focus in this area as long as I get some permisison. In This area a guy I beaver trap for often owns 2x 1/4’s so I should get permission there so that’s a start. The third area is the nicest area of all. I’m getting excited already lol!

Well little update practicing with the bow to hopefully arrow a bear this fall. Should go check the 338 one night to make sure it’s on. Had a guy stop me in the store today heard I drew a tag invited me to hunt his place. Says elk show up there every year when the rut hits. He has 3x1/4’s plus some more family land surrounding that. Forgot to ask him if he takes care of that or someone else. Says he will let me know what’s around come early September. Also got permisison from the guy i beaver trap for often. Not a surprise there lol. He has a fair amount of land but 2x 1/4’s in particular I’m really interested in. Still have four people I would like to talk to and one more area to explore so maybe a few more people to talk to there. So far up to 6x 1/4’s of what I would consider prime elk country
IMG_0798.jpeg

Well little update practicing with the bow to hopefully arrow a bear this fall. Should go check the 338 one night to make sure it’s on. Had a guy stop me in the store today heard I drew a tag invited me to hunt his place. Says elk show up there every year when the rut hits. He has 3x1/4’s plus some more family land surrounding that. Forgot to ask him if he takes care of that or someone else. Says he will let me know what’s around come early September. Also got permisison from the guy i beaver trap for often. Not a surprise there lol. He has a fair amount of land but 2x 1/4’s in particular I’m really interested in. Still have four people I would like to talk to and one more area to explore so maybe a few more people to talk to there. So far up to 6x 1/4’s of what I would consider prime elk country
View attachment 280854
A guy at the store heard you drew?? Small town, eh?? Lol that’s bad to the bone! I’m watching the updates buddy

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back