Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Going to Arizona. What to hunt?

A207X2

Wife's niece lives in Arizona and wants to go hunting. She's never been hunting for big game (mostly ducks, pheasant) and would like to try her hand at it. I told her that I'd go hunting out with her and we'd make a trip of it. It would be a guided hunt. What would be the best thing to hunt? Wife and I would go out there for about two weeks. Thanks.

Jim

Rifle hunts are on a draw system here (except some fall/spring bear). Do you have any points for AZ?
No, but from what I was reading you've got a far chance of drawing a desert mule deer tag. I understand that I've got to get my NR hunting license before I can even apply. She lives in AZ so it's only $58 for her ($315 for me).

No, but from what I was reading you've got a far chance of drawing a desert mule deer tag. I understand that I've got to get my NR hunting license before I can even apply. She lives in AZ so it's only $58 for her ($315 for me).
Been a while since I've perused az draw odds, but early Coues tags used to be the easy draw.

I would really like to get a desert mule deer tag if at all possible. In reality we're going to need two tags. Which tag would be the most likely one where we could draw two of them? To that end, where in the state would be the best place to go? Do outfitters have specific spots where they hunt for the species, or do they go state-wide. I don't mind going and spike camping for 4-5 days to get on the deer, nor do I care where in the state we have to go.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iceman1992
Back