Yeti GOBOX Collection

Going to an actual rodeo. How does it work?

The Bull smashed Lane into the dirt with his head and a broken rib punctured his lung. One of his best friends Cody Lambert invented the protective vest that bull riders wear nowadays because of that incident.

I listened to an interview with Tuff about it and he said Lane’s broken rib tore one of Lane’s main artery’s and he bleed to death in seconds

Here’s the interview, Sat up all night a little while ago drinking whiskey and listened Tuff talk for 2 plus hours about his life and Lane Frost and found it fascinating

Part 1

Part 2

Last edited:
We used to hit the Grand National at the Cow Palace when we could. Best rodeo in my opinion. The Livermore Rodeo is good also. Living in Cowboy country and having "real" cowboys working the different ranches daily, it's kinda cool to see some of them show off their skills against the circuit cowboys.
True story,,,,,a bunch of years ago we were sitting at the local (only) bar and grill. One of the retired Oakland Raiders players that has a place up here comes in with his wanna be gang of hangers on. He starts in about bragging about this game or that. One of the old timers walks up to him and says " There's 5 world champion Cowboys sitting at the bar right now. Nobody gives a shit about your little ball". He got up and left. I can't remember his name, Greg somebody. I can tell you the name of the cowboys that were there!!
We used to hit the Grand National at the Cow Palace when we could. Best rodeo in my opinion. The Livermore Rodeo is good also. Living in Cowboy country and having "real" cowboys working the different ranches daily, it's kinda cool to see some of them show off their skills against the circuit cowboys.
True story,,,,,a bunch of years ago we were sitting at the local (only) bar and grill. One of the retired Oakland Raiders players that has a place up here comes in with his wanna be gang of hangers on. He starts in about bragging about this game or that. One of the old timers walks up to him and says " There's 5 world champion Cowboys sitting at the bar right now. Nobody gives a shit about your little ball". He got up and left. I can't remember his name, Greg somebody. I can tell you the name of the cowboys that were there!!
I'd be interested in those names and wonder if your name is on the list.

I'd be interested in those names and wonder if your name is on the list.
OH HELL NO!! One thing I'm not is Cowboy. "Anything that big that is stupid enough to let you climb on top of it is dangerous."
As I recall it was Barry Johnson, Don "Frosty" Garner, Buster Rae, John Lewis and Mike Miller. I believe they are all dead now except John and Mike who still cowboy for themselves on a couple different lease properties.

OH HELL NO!! One thing I'm not is Cowboy. "Anything that big that is stupid enough to let you climb on top of it is dangerous."
As I recall it was Barry Johnson, Don "Frosty" Garner, Buster Rae, John Lewis and Mike Miller. I believe they are all dead now except John and Mike who still cowboy for themselves on a couple different lease properties.
You should see the cowboys and cowgirls when CFD starts up all decked up in brand new duds and fancy snake skin boots and big ass belt buckles. Most of them don't have a clue what a real cowboy is. I know I aint one either LOL

Ok, thank you

A cowboy joke from way back.

An old cowboy walks into a bar. He's wearing a well worn cowboy hat, torn plaid shirt and bandana around his neck. He has worn Wranglers and scuffed up leather chaps and white tennis shoes. The bartender asks why the get up? He says "I'm a cowboy." Then the bartender asks why the white tennis shoes and not cowboy boots? The cowboy replies " I didn't want anyone to think I was a truck driver."

I recently attended a bacherlette party in New Orleans and we went to one of the "cowboy" themed bars.

One girl said after riding a mechanical bull. " that isn't that hard, I thought bull riding would be harder" :cautious:

Surprisingly, it was never the bull riding, that I refused to try. I have never attempted steer wrestling . I was never able to wrap my head around jumping off a running horse onto a running steer. But I have tried everything else and my hats off to those cowboys who can do it. Bull riding is a tough and dangerous sport.

I saw that Marv. I bet that got more than a few people's attention --:oops:

I was raised San Francisco and we live about 4 miles from Cow Palace. My Dad had boarding stable Daly City and we use to ride over San Bruno mtns during Grand National week. My sister ran for Queen one year. I'm trying to understand difference circuit cowboy and real cowboy does both have to be members PRCA. Isn't there ex football player steer wrestling PRCA?

I recently attended a bacherlette party in New Orleans and we went to one of the "cowboy" themed bars.

One girl said after riding a mechanical bull. " that isn't that hard, I thought bull riding would be harder" :cautious:

Surprisingly, it was never the bull riding, that I refused to try. I have never attempted steer wrestling . I was never able to wrap my head around jumping off a running horse onto a running steer. But I have tried everything else and my hats off to those cowboys who can do it. Bull riding is a tough and dangerous sport.

I saw that Marv. I bet that got more than a few people's attention --:oops:
Not only that, that skin of bulls slips left and right so hard to maintain balance too.

I was raised San Francisco and we live about 4 miles from Cow Palace. My Dad had boarding stable Daly City and we use to ride over San Bruno mtns during Grand National week. My sister ran for Queen one year. I'm trying to understand difference circuit cowboy and real cowboy does both have to be members PRCA. Isn't there ex football player steer wrestling PRCA?
My knowledge is dated but the PRCA is divided into circuits by region. Points towards the circuit finals can only be accrued at circuit rodeos. Those same points will count towards the PRCA finals as well as any points earned from any sanctioned PRCA event.
Walt Garrison was a good steer wrestler.

My knowledge is dated but the PRCA is divided into circuits by region. Points towards the circuit finals can only be accrued at circuit rodeos. Those same points will count towards the PRCA finals as well as any points earned from any sanctioned PRCA event.
circuits.gif

I think the Current Ex NFL player is Bear Pascoe.

There are 13 different circuits in the PRCA and that stands for the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association.

Each circuit has a finals and two contestants in each event from each circuit goes to the Dodge National Circuit Finals Rodeo.

Earnings from both your circuit and outside of your circuit counts towards the National Finals Rodeo if they are sanctioned by the PRCA.

Standings are based off of money earned not points.

People that want to stay close to home usually just go to rodeos in their circuit.

At the same time the true professionals make sure to hit their own circuit hard also because the earnings from the Circuit Finals count towards the National Finals Rodeo.

The National Finals Rodeo would be like the Super Bowl of football.

The whole goal is to make the NFR where the big money really gets paid out.

Last year to win a round at the NFR was over $30,000.

The top 15 in each event on money earnings qualify for the NFR.

There are 13 different circuits in the PRCA and that stands for the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association.

Each circuit has a finals and two contestants in each event from each circuit goes to the Dodge National Circuit Finals Rodeo.

Earnings from both your circuit and outside of your circuit counts towards the National Finals Rodeo if they are sanctioned by the PRCA.

Standings are based off of money earned not points.

People that want to stay close to home usually just go to rodeos in their circuit.

At the same time the true professionals make sure to hit their own circuit hard also because the earnings from the Circuit Finals count towards the National Finals Rodeo.

The National Finals Rodeo would be like the Super Bowl of football.

The whole goal is to make the NFR where the big money really gets paid out.

Last year to win a round at the NFR was over $30,000.

The top 15 in each event on money earnings qualify for the NFR.
I understand circuit finals and my question was, I'm trying to understand difference circuit cowboy and real cowboy. I was in vegas last time Bobby Harris and J.D Yates team roped.

Jb is one of the best athletes in sports to ride a bull opposite hand while your other is in a cast unbelievable. Ya mahomes threw a 15 yard pass opposite hand not even close.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back