Going to an actual rodeo. How does it work?

If you have the tickets I would go both days. They do different events on each day plus as someone said earlier, prelimitary competition occurs the first day and elimination or finals the second. Rodeos are entertaining enough to me, especially good rodeo clowns that I go to more than one event.

I’m hoping to make the Round Up in 2023

Unless you know where you’re staying, be sure to grab a place (we vrbo it) right after the dates are released for next year. Tickets to the Round Up aren’t nearly as hard to get as a place to stay (unless you want to be an hour away) and we like to go to a lot of the slack events while we’re there. Our first one up this year is Sisters!

Tuff is def a stud but lots of great over the years; Ty Murray, Donnie Gay, Shivers, Mauney…they all needed to carry their balls in a wheelbarrow!
MarvB : "The boys got balls" -- " The girls got balls" are common quotes one hears at a rodeo and around the ranch. " He or she " has more balls than brains" is also heard sometimes.

Last year, we had a lady from San Fransico visiting Texas and a rodeo . When she heard " the girls got balls " she went on a half hour rant giving us an anatomy lesson, and instructing us to just say "the girl is brave"

She is back in S.F. and we still say "the girls got balls" ;)

Last edited:
I do not know why but going to the rodeo makes me remember a song we played a lot when I was in California and attempted twice to do the amateur rodeo in my young and dumb days. WARNING: Contains foul language. Cover your kids ears before clicking play.

Last edited:
Lane Frost.
He died in the arena at CFD here in Cheyenne July 30, 1989. First CFD rodeo I went to after meeting my wife when we started dating about 5 years before I moved to Cheyenne to get married. Was not a pretty site and the stands were dead silent while he was tended to. Didn't know him much, but I do remember when he got hurt and died during the event. The bull he was riding gored him and he died from his injuries. Paramedics were right there too and could not do anything.

Tuff is def a stud but lots of great over the years; Ty Murray, Donnie Gay, Shivers, Mauney…they all needed to carry their balls in a wheelbarrow!
Dating myself, but Donnie Gay was a hero of mine. We used to buck out feeder steers at my friend's house pretending we were bull riders. Wore off a lot of hanging weight on them I bet. mtmuley

Dating myself, but Donnie Gay was a hero of mine. We used to buck out feeder steers at my friend's house pretending we were bull riders. Wore off a lot of hanging weight on them I bet. mtmuley
8x world champ. Broke his hero Jim Shoulders record of 7. This was in the days before PBR and bull riders entered 100+ rodeos a year.

A lot of people don’t know this, but Donnie Gay is Paul Butski’s cousin.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back