Going to an actual rodeo. How does it work?

Went to a local county rodeo, nobody made 8 seconds on a bull. One guy took 3-4 tries to even get settled on the bull, in the chute, bull went nuts when he tried, he jumped off. Looked at my wife and said "that's not a good sign". The rider made it about 0.75 seconds out of the chute before he was airborn.

My god the way JB can find the rhythm of a bull! 🤤
I really didn’t think anyone would ever ride bushwhacker for 8.
I mean, the way that bull threw Donnie Gay clear up into the grandstands at Tulsa 😱 unbelievable.
Not to mention the way he rode Pearl Harbor and one if by land two if by sea... calling Baton Rouge...
those bulls ain’t showing 4h at the fair.

Growing up in Central Washington in Ellensburg, we would go to the rodeo Labor Day Weekend once in a while, but always made the Friday night Draft Horse pulling contests. That was before the rodeo grew enough that it turned into a 3 day affair and the draft horses were left in the dust so to speak.
The other one that is fun to see at least once is the Omak Stampede and the Suicide Race. Can be literally suicide at times. Horses and riders bareback blast off a steep river bank down a hundred feet or more, cross the river and race into the arena. It is the last event of the night and can be pretty dark at times. Many horses have died and a few riders. Been protested by PETA many times, but it still goes on.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back