goHUNT EXPLORER Map Membership offer to Hunt Talkers

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
In 2022 you will see a lot of new features and options for goHUNT maps. I have been working with them for over a year on the new terrain analysis tool that just came out, along with many other ideas that make maps more useful for E-scouting and while in the field. This week they launched the start of their next map bundle called EXPLORER. Details below explain a deal they are giving Hunt Talk members.

goHUNT is excited to launch our Explorer membership and wants to give HuntTalk members early access. Explorer gets you full access to our mapping product, which covers all Western states for public/private land, hunting layers, offline maps, etc. We will be aggressively adding more states, and as we add coverage Explorers will automatically get access. We have been innovating on our mapping platform very rapidly, recently with Real 3D and Terrain Analysis being two we're especially excited about. We're not stopping there, we have an amazing list we're working on for 2022. We feel this is hands-down the most complete mapping product for hunters.

Explorer is $49.99 per year, and along with Maps you will get access to goHUNT Points (formerly INSIDER points), and our new Point Tracker tool.

Use promo code RANDY and you get $20 of goHUNT points to use in the goHUNT gear shop when you sign up for EXPLORER.

At this point you must sign up for Explorer on the website at https://join.gohunt.com/try/maps/. After signing up, you will be able to login on both your computer and the mobile app.
If you have other questions, ask them here and either a goHUNT person will reply or I will get the answer for you. Lots more coming with maps in 2022, for both the EXPLORER and the INSIDER membership level.

Anyone abandoned OnX for GoHunt? If so, what say you?

I'm very interested to know about this as well. I haven't used OnX or the new GoHunt features the past couple years due to border closures, all I did was apply for tags I didn't hunt... My mind is still in 2019 season mode when OnX was the cat's meow!

Maybe I’m missing something obvious, but this is for those that are not INSIDERS already, correct? It’s not additional features above what INSIDERS have just a lower price point that only gives access to the maps?

Maybe I’m missing something obvious, but this is for those that are not INSIDERS already, correct? It’s not additional features above what INSIDERS have just a lower price point that only gives access to the maps?
Correct. Along with maps, you get to use goHUNT points in their store and you get to use the Point Tracker tool that launched this month.

Is 3D mapping available on the GOHUNT mobile app or only on desktop? As far as I'm aware OnX does not offer 3D mapping on mobile and I would be compelled to switch to to GOHUNT if they did.

Hey Everyone! My name is Dave Barnett and I am the Research Content Manager here at goHUNT. I wanted to jump into this thread to provide answers for any questions anyone may have with any of our platforms.

We are really excited about the launching of the Explorer membership and are excited for everyone to give it a try.

As noted above by @Big Fin, the Explorer membership grants full access to the entire mapping platform, opens the benefits of our shops points system, and includes free access to our new Point Tracker!

Please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions!

Last edited:
Is 3D mapping available on the GOHUNT mobile app or only on desktop? As far as I'm aware OnX does not offer 3D mapping on mobile and I would be compelled to switch to to GOHUNT if they did.
We currently support true 3D on both our Desktop and Mobile Platforms! When the idea of Maps even came up at the office the necessity of having 3D capabilities was one of the #1 priorities from day one.

Thank you for checking it out!

I used GoHunt Exclusively for my 2 elk hunt this year. It was very stable with minor issues. I’m letting my onx expire.

The only ONX feature I miss is roadless layers.
The roadless layer is actually one we are planning on releasing down the road. We have a few bigger projects that are a priority at the moment but I will certainly pass this along to the team to keep it top of mind.

Glad to hear the app worked well for you this past season!

The roadless layer is actually one we are planning on releasing down the road. We have a few bigger projects that are a priority at the moment but I will certainly pass this along to the team to keep it top of mind.

Glad to hear the app worked well for you this past season!
Do you have maps for IL and TX? I am currently an insider and a long time onx user. I am happy with onx and have a LOT of waypoints and other data on my maps. I would welcome a much more complete review/comparison between the two mapping apps. If the features are the same and reliability of the apps are same, but cost is lower, I’d consider changing. I really haven’t compared the apps much because onx has worked well for me. has anyone done a detailed review video? If so, please post a link. Thanks.

Do you have maps for IL and TX? I am currently an insider and a long time onx user. I am happy with onx and have a LOT of waypoints and other data on my maps. I would welcome a much more complete review/comparison between the two mapping apps. If the features are the same and reliability of the apps are same, but cost is lower, I’d consider changing. I really haven’t compared the apps much because onx has worked well for me. has anyone done a detailed review video? If so, please post a link. Thanks.
Great question and thank you for chiming in! At the moment we do not cover IL and TX but a full 50-state coverage is on our roadmap for 2022 and will be available before season! At that point, you could seamlessly transfer waypoints and tracks from other mapping applications if desired.

For face value, you are going to see a lot of similarities in the mapping apps. We both provide public and private land ownership, various GMU layers, offline capabilities, and the ability to share waypoints with your friends. With goHUNT maps you will have true 3D on both your mobile and desktop mapping platforms, a powerful tool any time of the year! We have also recently launched a new Terrain Analysis tool on our Desktop map that allows you to quickly and accurately highlight any hillside facing in any direction. Locating east-facing slopes for late season mule deer has never been more straight forward!

One of my favorite features of ours is the ability to create Collections within our maps. Collections allow me to store waypoints, notes, pictures, tracks, and more in one convenient place and then I can share the entire data set with a hunting buddy. This makes long-distance hunt planning so much easier!

Beyond the maps, the Explorer memberships also grants you access to the goHUNT Shop Points program, a valuable tool that puts high-end gear in your pocket for less, and to our new Point Tracker!

For 2022, we have some incredibly exciting features coming down the pipe that we are very excited about and I think you guys and gals will love it too!

The $49.99/year Explorer membership currently covers all of our western states but will soon include coverage of all 50 states and the price will not be changing!

Last edited:
Great question and thank you for chiming in! At the moment we do not cover IL and TX but a full 50-state coverage is on our roadmap for 2022 and will be available before season! At that point, you could seamlessly transfer waypoints and tracks from other mapping applications if desired.

For face value, you are going to see a lot of similarities in the mapping apps. We both provide public and private land ownership, various GMU layers, offline capabilities, and the ability to share waypoints with your friends. With goHUNT maps you will have true 3D on both your mobile and desktop mapping platforms, a powerful tool any time of the year! We have also recently launched a new Terrain Analysis tool on our Desktop map that allows you to quickly and accurately highlight any hillside facing in any direction. Locating east-facing slopes for late season mule deer has never been more straight forward!

One of my favorite features of ours is the ability to create Collections within our maps. Collections allow me to store waypoints, notes, pictures, tracks, and more in one convenient place and then I can share the entire data set with a hunting buddy. This makes long-distance hunt planning so much easier!

Beyond the maps, the Explorer memberships also grants you access to the goHUNT Shop Points program, a valuable tool that puts high-end gear in your pocket for less, and to our new Point Tracker!

For 2022, we have some incredibly exciting features coming down the pipe that we are very excited about and I think you guys and gals will love it too!

The $49.99/year Explorer membership currently covers all of our western states but will soon include coverage of all 50 states and the price will not be changing!
Dave, Can you layout the differences in the normal gohunt membership ($150) vs the explorer? I am guessing with the explorer you do not get the Filtering 2.0 and draw odds. Is this correct?

NVM, I found the comparison when I clicked on the link provided.

Last edited:
Dave, Can you layout the differences in the normal gohunt membership ($150) vs the explorer? I am guessing with the explorer you do not get the Filtering 2.0 and draw odds. Is this correct?

So, if I’m reading the chart on the go hunt website correctly, I already have maps with my insider membership? Is this correct?

Sure thing! I'm glad you were able to find the answer. I'll also post this here for anyone else who may be interested.

Thank you!
Screen Shot 2022-01-09 at 3.37.21 PM.png

So, if I’m reading the chart on the go hunt website correctly, I already have maps with my insider membership? Is this correct?
Yes, absolutely! Maps are included with the INSIDER membership. Depending on your device, you can go to either the Google Play Store or the Apple App store and download the goHUNT Maps app today and start scouting!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back