Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Gobble Gobble!!!!!!!

engman99

Heard 4 birds Sat.,6 Sun.,and 8 Monday morning.A total of 18 different birds in 5 different spots.T-minus 14 days and counting!!!!!!!!

sounds like your in for some action come opening day!! :D good luck i hope ya find'em again! are they talking alot right now?????? or just starting ????

man engman!! I may have to give you a call before the 25th!! I have only been able to locate 2 birds on property that I can hunt and that was on public property. I saw one of them from the interstate near Brazil so I am sure that I am gonna have some competition if I decide to go after that one. I am trying to get serious about turkey this year, but school work is keeping me from getting to do any scouting. :mad:

PS-If you need any help with some of those birds you just let me know. :D :D :D

Go get em engman! Sounds like you are in for a good opening mourning. They are gobbling good here, I think I am gonna blast one this weekend... :D

Season opens here on Sunday(Easter). Got three flocks tucked away. They all have been roosting in the same spots since fall. I'll go tuck them in Saturday night, and come Sunday...geez boys, I oughta be home in time for church.

Good luck

All my turkeys are on public land too, 1-pointer.I'll let you know when I kill one(if I kill one)I can set you up on a bird or two pretty easy.I always hunt by myself until I kill my bird(I hunted a whole 15 minutes last year)then I usually take other people.

Season is open out west and I saw the funniest thing Friday. My hunting buddy and I set up 2 decoys, 1 hen and a jake, on a ridge above an area where we had heard gobbling. I started to call and 2 big toms came in harder than I have ever seen. Upon seeing the jake decoy, The bigger bird flew to and landed on him and started spurring, knocked the decoy off his stand and continued to thrash him. I shot him. He dropped and the other tom went to the decoy and started his thrashing. I couldn't believe it that he didn't fly off.
He had an 11 inch beard and 1 1/8 inch spurs.
:eek:

[ 15 April 2001: Message edited by: bigtusker ]

Back