Caribou Gear

Goat recovery on a rope...

Great work!, and thanks for taking time to share it.

My last goat tag we used climbing gear (CO G5).

We only had webbing to build anchors, for me, that is the most stressful part. They weren't pretty, but they were way over-built.

That was an epic retrieval! I would have enjoyed being part of something like that. What a wild place to have to skin and quarter!

Where were the gratuitous climbing photos taken? Particularly love the first one.

Kudos to the three of you. Fun read and thanks for sharing!
the first photo is on the west face of Cerro Torre in Patagonia, probably the wildest place I've been..
The second one is the route winter dance in Hyalite canyon

Great work!, and thanks for taking time to share it.

My last goat tag we used climbing gear (CO G5).

We only had webbing to build anchors, for me, that is the most stressful part. They weren't pretty, but they were way over-built.
this was the other side of that unit, I think my brother ended up getting his goat really close to where yours was if it was from the goat story you posted on here? we had a plan to rappel all the way to the creek if needed but he got lucky. webbing for anchors remains the most foolproof setup, especially there...

Wow that’s insane! Hope to never have to go to that measure but good for you making it happen and getting it out

That's amazing. I'm glad you took photos. Can't image what some snow and ice would to a recovery like that.

Suffice to say, you're skill and risk tolerance are in a completely different league.
translation.... your skill is off the charts while your risk tolerance is not that of a normal human. Amazed that the horns were intact. Very cool story complete with jaw dropping pics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back