Goat decoy/ with white suit?? ever try it?

squirrel

As bear claw told JJohnson... "elk don't know how many feet a horse has". Think billies know how many feet a llama has? I think it may work, have any of you done anything like it and what were the goat's reactions? This will be an archery hunt, leaning towards recurve at close range but still struggling with the groupings I'm getting.9E56438D-65CF-4F05-A9A1-A8E3965C9786.jpeg9E56438D-65CF-4F05-A9A1-A8E3965C9786.jpeg

@Cav1 and I were doing some sheep scouting and he had his pack goats along ( yes they are M.OVI tested ) and we found a billy goat that was totally amused by the white pack goat. We made no attempt at hiding and moved freely around in front of it taking pictures and it kept getting curious and looking at us and came a little closer.

@Cav1 and I were doing some sheep scouting and he had his pack goats along ( yes they are M.OVI tested ) and we found a billy goat that was totally amused by the white pack goat. We made no attempt at hiding and moved freely around in front of it taking pictures and it kept getting curious and looking at us and came a little closer.
Now this is interesting info. R u Talking hundreds of yards or dozens of feet in your scenario?

Can you just find some of the tame ones that like to lick salty hiker urine then water some rocks to bring them in?

Can you just find some of the tame ones that like to lick salty hiker urine then water some rocks to bring them in?
There's gotta be a line somewhere... and yes I could if I went to the right basin. I met fellas there 30 yrs ago that measured their goats horns day before season, then drew straws for first shot and shot biggest to smallest on opening day 4th one had to shoot a bit further as even goats start getting a might skittish as their elders start gushing and tipping over... For some unfathomable reason the backpackers who were there were appalled.

oh-we_re-just-so-excited-to-see-you1.jpg

this is my 6th... plus the princess has had a couple, tag soup doesn't bother me, long as I get the full $ worth on the suffering/bleeding/shivering end of it.
Love it! I haven't personally tried it though it does look fun. I know a couple guys that have on Kodiak, they used those Tyvek paint suits. You definitely wouldn't want to be hiking in those very far! have had some close encounters personally over the years never hunting just hiking. Sounds like a fun experience and cant wait to hear the story. Good Luck!

String hit it upon release?? Two successive shots as he stood in the same place?
The misses were simply to mis-judging the distance.

The white jacket can buy you a few seconds when the billy gets skittish. It seems to hold them for just a bit, before they decide to scoot.

What unit are you hunting?

The misses were simply to mis-judging the distance.

The white jacket can buy you a few seconds when the billy gets skittish. It seems to hold them for just a bit, before they decide to scoot.

What unit are you hunting?
G-5. the flat one. I kinda feel bad for them, nowhere for them to run.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rgreen
Back