Caribou Gear

Goals?

B/c Roosevelt

I drew 1 of 3 tags for a Oct 1 thru 10 hunt for roosevelt bulls in the Olympic Mtns bordered by the ONP on 3 sides.

My goal is a 300 bull. I will chase bugles till my knees fall off to get a shot at one. hump

Nice bull dink... :)

Good luck on that hunt in the Olympics Spotted Owl..

What town you going to be staying close to on that one...:)

OTC Idaho Sawtooth zone with my original hunting pardner and my newest. (Dad and Son)

#1- Keep everyone un-lost and healthy.
#2- Take a mid-day snooze on a sunny slope.
#2- Have a good time.
#3- Get my son a good shot at a bull inside of 100 yards.
#4- Help Pops pack out his bull.
#5- Get a crack at nice 6x6.
#6- Heavy breakfast at Sourghdough Lodge

I may have to revise mine after the past couple days I've been out. At this point if I can see a bull this fall I'll be happy.

Not getting the shits when I am out there is also high on my list.... gonna try and make it through the season on 2 rolls of scott TP this year.

#4 is a given for me and has been for years. So with that said my goals (for next year since I didn't draw this year) are to draw another AZ Tag "Down On The Blue" and kill one this time whose G3's match the rest of his rack so I can join AZ402! (Or the same wish for NV!)

Well at dark tonight my 2008 AZ archery elk hunt came to an end. Goal number 4 was sure to be met and it was.

I let bulls walk that were very repspectable and have no regrets. I chose not to pursue a very large broken bull (twice). I could draw next year and he could be there (he falls under unique or non-typical and B&C net).

The mature 7x7 goal was nearly met twice on opening day. 50 yrds in the A.M. and 70 yrds in the P.M.. A cow saved him in the morning and thick tree's and a little to much distance saved him in the P.M..

I had a great time with my friends during the two week hunt. I also feel I made as new friend in IDB, he fit right in with the circus that was our camp. I'm really happy for Bryce and his great bull. It's the 2nd biggest bull taken in the unit this year that I'm aware of. All in all, no regrets and I had an awesome time like usual.....

Back