Go hunt Landowner Tags

Good chance cheesehead is telling “his” truth and believes what he was told. We’ve all known or worked with a guy that continuously lies out his ass everyday because of low self esteem, and some people eat it up because maybe the guy has indeed done some shit or is just the senior/veteran on the shift.
I currently work with a guy like that and newer/inexperienced guys buy into his crap. We were talking about Africa at the lunch table a few weeks ago and I lured him into a trap. I started talking about how I had to get the Ebola vaccine before I deployed to Somalia for Gothic Serpent/Tears of the Sun/Body of Lies/and a hodgepodge of other truths and lies mixed into one story and at the end he says “yeah, me too”.
Funny thing is I’m about a decade too young to have been deployed for Gothic Serpent(my mentors were there) and he is about a decade younger than me. Also last I checked there is no Ebola vaccine. Yet the new guys ate it all up until I took them aside.
No one cares about his truth. Not picking on you because I think you’re probably correct, but I’m tired of the her/his truth stuff. Only THE truth is interesting and only “the truth” matters. If ”his truth” entails serious accusations “his truth” better include some very solid evidence, in which case it would be “the truth.” It is so easy to ruin people these days if you’re gonna bring you better have it.

There's a lot of salient points made on all side of this discussion, all of which are worthy of fleshing out.

I was hooked on OnX before GoHunt took the position with FT/HT and stayed with them since.
Great service! Great product!
GoHunt is outside my wheelhouse - No interest to fix what works darn good.

Randy should return to OnX. :) Just as he should return to "On Your Own Adventures" and the guy who did his intro. Miss the early episodes.

Wait, this deals with LO tags? I've no clue though I like OnX.
Haha!
/carry on: Back to Mossback hired hands watching game for Randy and crew to UTV, have coffee and show/shoot the Howa - produce a show and off to the Team Realtree game stalker location for the next episode. Is this a Go Hunt premium service? :ROFLMAO:
Pure humor.

I’m not particularly interested in sticking around

I communicated personal info to Randy via PM as that seemed more appropriate.

Not interested in this drama any more so I’m going to peace out. ✌️

It’s funny to me the fact that @Big Fin is an emperor with no clothes who goes ballistic offline when people ask basic questions about how the sausage is made. Profiteering off wildlife is a business like any other, and the bottom line comes first. Daddy’s gotta get paid.
Man up and admit you were mistaken, then move on

It sounds like @Cheesehead is part of the 'hunt quietly' crowd that Matt Rinella and others have tried to start. It seems that their tactics of just talking about things isn't working too well for them and have resorted to making veiled and unsubstantiated claims about some of the biggest voices in hunting media. When Matt was on the Meateater podcast last year, he didn't want to just talk about the issues that he has a problem with. He began to try and get very personal and make claims about specific situations where the crew had 'hidden' things according to him. I believe that the goal of this group is now to attack and destroy hunting media outlets in order to drive people away from them, sour new hunters or prospective hunters on hunting in order to get their sweet honey holes back that they feel have been taken from them by 'new hunters'. It's pathetic. I don't even disagree with everything they are saying, but their actions and attitudes toward addressing it just make me shake my head.

Do really you care how everyone feels or just trying to make noise? Did you voice concerns to BHA and GoHunt first or just post on a forum to see where public opinion pushed you before doing so?
I have my opinions formed on this. I don't think anyone has said anything here that changed my mind. I don't sub to goHunt and I have voice concerns BHA.

I don't actually see anything wrong with me sharing a link to go hunt's landowner tags and starting a discussion. I don't think I was the one who ratcheted up the drama on this thread, even though I am the OP.

I'm confused here. Isn't GoHunt just advertising the landowner tags through the outfitters? So OK, maybe they make some $ off the advertisement, but the purchase of the tag would be direct through the outfitter listed for that tag. Doesn't look like GoHunt is making money off the purchase as a middle man as some posts suggest.

Or am I missing something here?

I have my opinions formed on this. I don't think anyone has said anything here that changed my mind. I don't sub to goHunt and I have voice concerns BHA.

I don't actually see anything wrong with me sharing a link to go hunt's landowner tags and starting a discussion. I don't think I was the one who ratcheted up the drama on this thread, even though I am the OP.
Regardless, some will paint Mother Theresa as a demon. Sides form and pom pom cheer crowds most often only read the posts of their sheep leader they follow. The world of internet forums. Hunt Talk is no exception. Cheers, I may agree/disagree though respect opinions shared.

My 2cents

I don't love the commercialization of wildlife. King for a day, no landowner tags, no guiding on public lands, companies can transport folks but that's it. None of that is going to happen, all of those measures are controlled by the voters in various states.

Public lands are getting increasingly crowded, that said we are actually seeing a decrease in hunters (even in the west check CO elk hunters total in 2005 versus 2021). At least some portion of that is caused IMHO by people quitting private land hunting for various reasons.

I have no issue with hunting private, if I'm being completely honest I mostly don't because it's a hassle.

Might seem like a hot take, but I don't think you're putting the leasing/landowner tag genie back in the box, but maybe by making it more accessible to folks you could decrease pressure on public lands. We dramatically increase tag prices for NR and still draw odds decrease.

Get enough private landowners playing the game, that you can draw your elk tag for $1000 and get a private spot to hunt on for $1500, maybe you actually help the public land experience.

I personally don’t use gohunt nor have I ever gotten a landowner tag. Not saying I wouldn’t try if I had extra money especially for a state like New Mexico but that’s not in the cards.
I thought I saw a thread where @abqbw was putting some info out there in regards to NM landowner tag sales. Maybe if that gains any steam GoHunt wouldn’t be involved in the selling of as many tags, at least in NM.

Edit: I could be wrong on who I quoted in regards to the thread on NM landowner tags. If so I apologize

I really don't know who all the celebrities are in the hunting game and really don't care. But if you're going to accuse someone of doing something that negatively affects their business. Well you better dam well have proof!! It's called slandering some one. Same with anybody's skills gained for livelihood whether it be construction, mechanical, hospital or tech. With that said I don't mind land owner's profiting of of selling a trespass fee. But when they start to act like they are the one's that own the game animal's that's going to far. Just like some one willing to pay 30 grand to a outfitter to kill a bull on public land "spider bull" had have their goon squad harass and threaten anyone else that gets close .
We as hunters have a choice to keep hunting as a national heritage or let it go the way of eruope and the kings game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back