Glue

First thing they’ll ask is what you treated them with.

First thing they’ll ask is what you treated them with.
Schnee’s told me to use obenauf’s because animal fat based stuff apparently gets under the rand preventing the glue from holding. Mine came unglued anyway. I can’t imaging the stuff migrates that far under the rand. Do you think that marine stuff will keep it on the greasy leather?

Good thread. I've had tough luck with Sho Goo and looking for other options. Been having problems with Muck Boot soles staying together.

Schnee’s told me to use obenauf’s because animal fat based stuff apparently gets under the rand preventing the glue from holding. Mine came unglued anyway. I can’t imaging the stuff migrates that far under the rand. Do you think that marine stuff will keep it on the greasy leather?
I cleaned mine real well and scuffed them some. I’ve had it on my kenetrek for two hunting seasons. I will say that you want to essentially tape of around area you are doing because it is not the easiest to work with and can get messy quick.

If they're new, I'd send'em back. My Danner's have been getting beat up for years without issue...any good manufacturer should stand by their product.

Lower denied a warranty claim of mine where I used SnoSeal on my boots. Their assertion was anything other than an aqueous-based wax treatment causes rand delamination, to include Obenaufs. Interestingly enough, Hoffman recommends Obenaufs? It must have something to do with the glues that they use for their rands.

When I did my repair using the FreeSole, I used denatured alcohol to completely strip out the oil in that leather portion.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back