Global Warming Hysteria

This article contains observations that:

-Lately river water temps have been too warm for native fish species during the summer months. (Fact)
-Genetic purity of Native fish populations are in jeopardy. (Fact)
-If trends continue we may be looking at agricultural water shortages. (Fact)

What about that is "hysteria"? Are you just bothered that they blame global warming?

You're the one who posted the Missoulian article BHR. You're also the one who just brought up Citizens United as if it has something to do with an article about struggling fish populations.

Excellent points.

Politicians and newspapers like to stir people up with all kinds of crazy agendas. Missoulian article is not so much news, more like biased agenda cloaked as news.

Just pointing out hysteria works. Even works on you, Nameless.

I read the article. I am not seeing the unhinged part. If there are some specific facts in there that you want to challenge, go ahead. Everything in the article seemed pretty reality based. It didn't even mention the fact that a record number of rivers in montana were closed this summer or under hoot owl restrictions due to high water temps. If you. Make your living as a guide o r simply like to fish for trout, that's reality not hysteria.

Do any of you remember the "Global Cooling" hysteria of the 1970's? They were predicting another and ice age and there would be world wide food shortages because of the shortened growing seasons.The last "Little Ice Age" occured about 10,000 years ago and the earth has been warming ever since.
The earth has always gone through periods of warming and cooling and will continue to do so long after humans are gone.

Do any of you remember the "Global Cooling" hysteria of the 1970's? They were predicting another and ice age and there would be world wide food shortages because of the shortened growing seasons.The last "Little Ice Age" occured about 10,000 years ago and the earth has been warming ever since.
The earth has always gone through periods of warming and cooling and will continue to do so long after humans are gone.

This

The only real threat to Montana's fishing is the rapidly increasing gentrification of Montana.

There's a bazillion global whiners in Missoula who love to run up the Blackfoot and illegally throw streamers for bull trout.

Vermillion said many outfitters and guides are engaged with the climate-change issue, but he would love to see them become more vocal and active about pressing for an energy policy that reduces greenhouse gases

Here's where the Missoulian subtly turns news into an agenda.

Politicians and newspapers like to stir people up with all kinds of crazy agendas.

Try working for a solar company when Solyndra went down. Talk about agendas.....nevermind the fact that a man who doesn't believe in anthropogenic global warming or government subsidies personally wrote a check for $750,000 in 2003 giving us a vital capital injection at the time because he can do math and calculate ROI.

The media and politicians conveniently left that part out when the Solyndra hysteria was at it's peak.

Try working for a solar company when Solyndra went down. Talk about agendas.....nevermind the fact that a man who doesn't believe in anthropogenic global warming or government subsidies personally wrote a check for $750,000 in 2003 giving us a vital capital injection at the time because he can do math and calculate ROI.

The media and politicians conveniently left that part out when the Solyndra hysteria was at it's peak.

Solyndra was cronie capitalism at it's finest. It couldn't compete with the Chinese even with that and went TU. Owner came out Okay though. Solar energy is still expensive electricity, even with the subsidies, and even with the glut of Chinese made panels out there today. It also produces a lot of carbon to manufacture the panels. Lots of carbon to ship from China. Lot's of carbon to install panels.

Solar makes progressives feel good about themselves though.;)

Last edited:
Solyndra was interesting technology that couldn't handle a 70% decrease in polisilicon coupled with record low natural gas prices. My point was to agree with you about "hysteria" from the media and politicians.

It's any easy mouse trap for folks unwilling g to go beyond the headlines.

Solyndra was interesting technology that couldn't handle a 70% decrease in polisilicon coupled with record low natural gas prices. My point was to agree with you about "hysteria" from the media and politicians.

It's any easy mouse trap for folks unwilling g to go beyond the headlines.

Having to use a California workforce and having a corrupt owner had more to do with Solyndra's demise than low nat gas prices and high silicon prices.

Having Obama brag Solyndra up as a model company, only to have them go TU a couple months later made for good TV, Jerry.

Having to use a California workforce and having a corrupt owner had more to do with Solyndra's demise than low nat gas prices and high silicon prices.

Um, you realize all major solar companies are here in the Bay Area, all less than 40 miles from where Solyndra was right?

Like I said, interesting technology that got its ass whooped by the market. Their "new shiney" was a pivotal factor in the loan gaurentee, the administration should have stuck with tried and true polysilicon or cadmium telluride

Last edited:
Um, you realize all major solar companies are here in the Bay Area, all less than 40 miles from where Solyndra was right?

Um, where are the panels manufactured, today?

What about campaign contributions from Solyndra's owner . Is that relevant to the hysteria? Might have also been a pivotal factor in the loan guarantee.

Last edited:
People toting global warming to get elected are lairs.
Solar technology is cool and all but...I really like how well solar works at night when I want my lights on.

I don't get it. In what possible way would outfitters and guides benefit (other than resource protection) from an agenda recognizing climate change?

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back