Caribou Gear Tarp

Global Warming Hysteria

If corporations have constitutional free speech protections why don't deer and elk and many other things which are demonstrably more real than state registered business entities?

Please tell me you don't vote.......

People toting global warming to get elected are lairs.
Solar technology is cool and all but...I really like how well solar works at night when I want my lights on.

Some dude named Volta came up with a fix for that in 1800.

What about campaign contributions from Solyndra's owner. Might have also been a pivotal factor in the loan guarantee.

Sure, just like Southern Company's campaign contributions for their $6.5B loan guarantee under the same program.

Solar technology is cool and all but...I really like how well solar works at night when I want my lights on.

One of the single biggest areas of focus right now, and it's coming faster than most think.

http://www.teslamotors.com/powerwall

A few guides think Global Warming may effect the resource, and therefore their businesses:

You heard some presidential candidates talking about global warming the other day too.

Connect the dots. Clearly an agenda exists rife with hysteria!

You're confusing the Missoulian's hysteria with your own BHR.

conspiracy.jpg

[QUOTE

One of the single biggest areas of focus right now, and it's coming faster than most think.

http://www.teslamotors.com/powerwall[/QUOTE]

The Missoulian ran an article on a Columbia Falls Company called Zinc Air a few years back. Interesting technology, but I haven't heard anything about it since.

Ever hear of Zinc AirJerry?

The village I work for has been trying to do a gas-to-energy project for the last several years using the methane from the local landfill, which is about 1 mile out of town. It is a sustainable energy source for at least the next 80 years. DP&L (Dayton Power and Light), however, can give us coal-generated energy way cheaper than what we can do the project for it and maintain it. It's a grand idea, but when you have to spend millions of dollars to build a generation plant and thousands of dollars to maintain it, it just doesn't pan out. Especially when the public knows that they could get their energy for say $0.12 per KWHr from coal compared to us charging $0.15 per KWHr for a methane gas generation plant. I'm all for it when the technology can catch up and drive the prices down because that is what it will take to get it done. Electric, just like water or sewer, is a service but you better be making money for capital improvements or you won't do very well in the future once your equipment starts falling apart.

Comments from Wiki on your Tesla Powerwall, Jerry.

A May 2015 article in Forbes magazine calculated that using a Tesla Powerwall combined with solar panels in your home would cost 30 cents/kWh for electricity. US consumers got electricity from the power grid for 12.5 cents/kWh on average. The article concluded the "...Tesla's Powerwall Is Just Another Toy For Rich Green People."[29] Bloomberg[5] and Catalytic Engineering[30] magazines also agreed that the Tesla system did not make economic sense for most North Americans but is useful in places where electricity prices are high, such as Hawaii and other remote locations.

The Swiss bank, UBS, said that the Powerwall makes sense in Australia and Germany where electricity is very costly.[31]

Agree or disagree?

This conversation should not be focused on current costs. There are other factors, such as subsidies, artificially low industry prices, cost of new technology always being higher in the beginning, real costs and the fact that it doesnt matter how much certain things costs now - if they are finite resources and/or toxic to produce/use, then the migration to sustainable, clean energy sources is necessary for a longterm goal, not shortsighted pursuits.

I do not advocate green washing and as much as I am into sustainability, I have called green washers out on their bs, no different than neo conservationists that dont conserve our wildlife and habitat, but are in it for the money and the management control.

Off to pick up my retsel grain mill motor and flywheel so I can get back to grinding my own grain again, shoulder injuries such that way. ;)

Comments from Wiki on your Tesla Powerwall, Jerry.

A May 2015 article in Forbes magazine calculated that using a Tesla Powerwall combined with solar panels in your home would cost 30 cents/kWh for electricity. US consumers got electricity from the power grid for 12.5 cents/kWh on average. The article concluded the "...Tesla's Powerwall Is Just Another Toy For Rich Green People."[29] Bloomberg[5] and Catalytic Engineering[30] magazines also agreed that the Tesla system did not make economic sense for most North Americans but is useful in places where electricity prices are high, such as Hawaii and other remote locations.

The Swiss bank, UBS, said that the Powerwall makes sense in Australia and Germany where electricity is very costly.[31]

Agree or disagree?

Who is Jerry?

But, if you're referring to me I'm sure I could dig up articles relating to the personal computer, cell phone, smart phone, iPod, iPad and any other piece of technology developed in the last 40 years that started at the same place. Think Moore's law and Swanson's law.

So yes the article is technically correct today, but it doesn't take much to see the future. Just look at Venture Capital dollars headed to storage technology, hovering around $200-250M quarterly and now institutional investors such as GE, and Caterpillar are jumping in.

There's no industry or military on the planet that won't benefit from storage technology.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back